Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interdigitial cysts or cysts between toes

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Interdigitial cysts or cysts between toes

Quote Originally Posted by tiffykay06 View Post
    I just called the vet and an allergy test will run close to $300. Something I will definitely have to take up with the hubby first but we need to get to the bottom of this that is for sure.
    I totally understand! Right now in the meantime I would cut out all treats and such and give just kibble for now and see if anything! Trial and error with dog food will cost in the long run Hope everything gets better! Here if you need anything!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tiffykay06 View Post
    First, is there any limitation on the treatment we try? Like can we do an epsom soak and then vetericyn after? I do not want to over do it but I also want to make sure I am doing everything possible.

Also, for Vetericyn is the spray or hydrogel better?
    I did both. I soaked Sally first in the epsom salt and then rinsed that off and then I squirted some vetericyn and genlty massaged it on the cyst. She also got a prescription ointment for skin lessions after that. Never bothered here. Not sure if Quick question. Emma appears to have a tail pocket infection. I noticed it when when I was cleaning her tail pocket on Saturday after her bath. It's deep inside and bleeding, well bright red blood comes out on the cotton ball. Her bend on her tail is so much that she can't wag her tail.

I cleaned it last night with Douxo pad, wiped that out, then used Desitin. This morning I did the same but used Mupiricin 2% cream. Is that ok to use? I'll post over at EBN too. She'd been scouting recently but I chalked it up to hair in her TP until I got in deep to clean it. Sally got hers shortly after we got her so weather he was her food, the grass who knows. I don't think she ever peed on the grass before since since she was a breeder bully after we got her so it could have been the grass for her. What I did learn though was not to stop treatment until it's 100% gone.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

I have tried doing "soaks" on Maximus' interdigital cysts (which he has on all 4 paws). It doesn't work for me. I can't get Maximus to sit still long enough to do any type of soak on his paws. I wish there was a way to get him to cooperate, but there just isn't. I've never heard that the cysts were a result of food. That surprises me a lot.
    I wish I could get the redness out of the cysts on his paws. Some days they really look very irritated and sore.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tallulah
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    I have tried doing "soaks" on Maximus' interdigital cysts (which he has on all 4 paws). It doesn't work for me. I can't get Maximus to sit still long enough to do any type of soak on his paws. I wish there was a way to get him to cooperate, but there just isn't. I've never heard that the cysts were a result of food. That surprises me a lot.
    I wish I could get the redness out of the cysts on his paws. Some days they really look very irritated and sore.
    Tallulah doesn't sit still either. I put a couple of cups of Epsom salts in a couple of inches of warm water in the bath tub (enough to cover her feet). Put the whole dog in the tub. She'll stay put for the 10 minutes if I sit right there with her and make her put her feet back when she tries to climb out. Sadly, I don't think it's helping enough to make the cyst go away, but it does give her some relief I think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads