Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I do too!!!! His limp is worse when he has been laying down for a while. Poor baby! I will monitor him today and if it gets worse, I guess we will go to the vet again tomorrow. I just know that he is tired of being poked and prodded.

I don't know about Charlie horses....but when Vegas has a violent seizure, he limps for days. His muscles are over tensed during the episodes and little boy is so sore days after.

OP
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
I took this video of Mayhem limping. He is "favoring" his left front leg. What do you guys think?

[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION]

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Looks like a muscle/tissue injury to me. See if your vet can prescribe a mild pain reliever for him. Tramadol or Rimadyl

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Can you check out his paw? It looks like he doesn't want to put the paw down at all. If you feel all over his leg and shoulder area is he showing any discomfort? To me it looks like the paw itself.

OP
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Thank you for responding so quickly!

Looks like a muscle/tissue injury to me. See if your vet can prescribe a mild pain reliever for him. Tramadol or Rimadyl

I have Rimadyl here at home, but he can't take it with the steroids. I just spoke with the vet and they said I could come by and pick up some Tramadol.

Can you check out his paw? It looks like he doesn't want to put the paw down at all. If you feel all over his leg and shoulder area is he showing any discomfort? To me it looks like the paw itself.

I have examined his paw and can see nothing wrong. I also have rubbed/massaged his entire leg and hip and he doesn't flinch or indicate pain in any way.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thank you for responding so quickly!

I have Rimadyl here at home, but he can't take it with the steroids. I just spoke with the vet and they said I could come by and pick up some Tramadol.

I have examined his paw and can see nothing wrong. I also have rubbed/massaged his entire leg and hip and he doesn't flinch or indicate pain in any way.
I would pick up the medicine and try to keep him quiet for a couple of days. It breaks my heart to do it but when bruty isn't feeling well I put him in his crate and only let him out for a bit of loving and then back to crate to heal.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor guy, he looks so tired. I would let him sleep and relax and if it keeps up then I would get the vet involved like Cheryl said. He might have hurt his foot when he made that awful sound yesterday and that's what's caused this. You're so right he's been poked and prodded so much lately.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh man Cyndi, he looks like he's in pain… poor baby!!! His paw looks bigger on that side too, did he jump or do anything weird yesterday?!! (besides that sleeping episode)

OP
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
He did nothing out of the norm yesterday and if he limped at all after his episode, it was very minimal. This limping began this morning, as soon as I let him out of his crate. He has just been through so much and though I am hesitant to give him even more medication, I think I will drop by he vet's office, show them this video and pick up the pain meds. I have tried searching the medications on Google to see if muscle cramps can be a side effect, but all I have found so far are "spammy" type websites trying to sell the meds.

OP
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
I went and picked up the pain meds. Unbelievably, he is walking much better now, with only a slight limp. We will see how he is doing in the morning :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sorry I got on late, and missed the post. I hope his leg will be fine. Looked like he was holding his paw to the side. Hope it was just a passing thing. Maybe he was lying on it and it fell asleep? Poor Mayhem. He needs some good luck kisses! :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I went and picked up the pain meds. Unbelievably, he is walking much better now, with only a slight limp. We will see how he is doing in the morning :)

Glad to hear it... Keep us posted Cyndi ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

How is your baby today.... any better?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.