Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is this a seizure????

Quote Originally Posted by mavsfan4life View Post
    Mayhem's mouth was open and it sounded like he was in absolute agony I just hope that it never, ever happens again!!

Me too, I'm sorry, we were owned by a French Bulldog once and he was diagnosed with epilepsy and the first time that he had a seizure it scared me beyond belief. I know exactly how you feel and I truly hope it was a bad dream and that's all.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry. I just hope it's nothing. Dudley makes noises in his sleep all of the time. I've woken him up, because he has scared me sometimes. Right now, he's napping in his crate and he is moaning in his sleep. I always worry about him too. Sending good thoughts!

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Oh my gosh Cyndi, I'm just now reading this… I've been at the doctor's office all dang day. I'm so sorry, I don't have any experience w/seizures… my bullies have always made noises in their sleep, but nothing to that extent. I'm hoping that it was just a bad dream too. Next time if it happens again just have your phone handy to video tape it. Did they ever figure out what Mayhem has, did the biopsy results come back yet? Gosh I'm so sorry, you keep going thru more stuff… just hang in there girl!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Cyndi, I am sorry that Mayhem is not feeling well. I have had dogs who had seizures, both Grand Mal and Petit Mal. When in a grand mal, it got very violent, lasted quite awhile-but have never had them making sounds as you describe. I hope he just had a bad dream, and all will be okay. I know you must have been terrified, as I and everyone else would be. We will be praying for your boy. Hopefully it will NEVER happen again-but I was going to suggest also-that you video if it does.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Cyndi
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mayhem
    Likes (Received)

He didn't move or shake during the episode, just had his mouth open and was making the horrible sound, so again, I am hoping that it is an isolated incident. I honestly thought he was dying....I know that sounds harsh, but with all of his issues lately, I just automatically jump to worst case scenario. With this in mind, I didn't video the episode, but I will try and do it if it happens again.
    @ddnene, unfortunately no cultures grew from the specimen, which indicates a non-bacterial infection, but not conclusive. At this time, he is taking the three medications and is feeling good. He goes back for a second round of digital images a week from today. They will send these to the radiologist for comparison to the initial images. If there is improvement, he will continue taking the medications. If not, the prognosis is not good

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I will be praying for your boy. I don't know how, but I didn't realize that he has been sick. That would make his screaming even more scary. Poor fella', I hope with all my heart that he is improving-and that he doesn't have another "episode" like that. I have unfortunately seen quite a few seizures, but never what you described. Prayers for a good result on his x rays. Oh, I Just remembered that I did have a dog once that started howling in the middle of the night. Scared the heck out of me-I jumped up and put the light on, and she was sound asleep-must have been dreaming.I had to wake her to stop the howling. It never did happen again. Maybe Mayhem had a bad dream. Let's hope.
    Last edited by Manydogs; 02-11-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I'm sorry to be reading this. I pray it is an isolated incident. Good wishes and hugs are being sent your way.
    My smooshy face boy!

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member HTX Bully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Holly
    Likes (Received)

Hope it was just an awful dream. Sometimes when Holly is napping/snoring her socks off, she will make a loud high pitching noise, her whole body will shake as she breathes in and out and she will typically wake up immediately. It's really creepy, sounds like she can't breathe.

My baby nephew, who is no longer with us, had seizures and his episodes were more physically graphic than what you described. I don't know if that means anything but just thought I would share. Holly would like to send a big bully hug to Mayhem

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

I'm sure that scared the heck out of you Cyndi. It seems to me a good sign that there were no shakes or convulsions that went along with it. Praying for you guys that it was just a dream..I am assuming he's been fine since?

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Just getting here. I've done years and years of research and I've never heard of a seizure looking or sounding like this. Definitely get video. Keep you camera charged and ready at all times. I'm hoping it was a one time thing.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

When Punks had that one seizure, he stayed still shaking, but didn't make a sound.

I'm hoping it was just a nightmare.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Real Name
    raechel
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hercules
    Likes (Received)

@mavsfan4life I'm so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and I do hope he gets better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is nothing that can compare to a bullies love <3

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads