Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Ear infection??

  1. #1
    Pet Sitter Gordosmom1212's Avatar
    Real Name
    Amanda
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Keller, Texas
    Posts
    338
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordo Fatsky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Ear infection??

    Hey guys,
    So I just noticed Gordos ear and it is sooo red and inflamed! I was hoping if anyone had experience with this and something that will help him until we can get him to the vet??

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Pooper scooper jsgirl's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    zanesville ohio
    Posts
    27
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tink
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Ear infection??

    That's how tinks was it came back a bacterial infection. She was on drops for 10 days and a antibiotic. Just try and keep them clean and dry til u get him to the vet. But I would definitely get him cause they can get really bad and stinky too.

  3. #3
    Pet Sitter Gordosmom1212's Avatar
    Real Name
    Amanda
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Keller, Texas
    Posts
    338
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordo Fatsky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Ear infection??

    Quote Originally Posted by jsgirl View Post
    That's how tinks was it came back a bacterial infection. She was on drops for 10 days and a antibiotic. Just try and keep them clean and dry til u get him to the vet. But I would definitely get him cause they can get really bad and stinky too.
    Thank you! I barely noticed it this evening. He was acting his normal self all day. So I cleaned it as much as I could. He wasn't very happy about it though. I hope to get him in tomorrow

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Pooper scooper jsgirl's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    zanesville ohio
    Posts
    27
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tink
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Ear infection??

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordosmom1212 View Post
    Thank you! I barely noticed it this evening. He was acting his normal self all day. So I cleaned it as much as I could. He wasn't very happy about it though. I hope to get him in tomorrow

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    Tink didn't show any signs either til I seen her ears all sore and yucky. She didn't bother them at all during the day nor did she shake her head. She was eating and playing like normal. Thankfully she takes naps on me so I seen it and smelled them. Good luck hope he gets better soon!

  5. #5
    Pet Sitter Gordosmom1212's Avatar
    Real Name
    Amanda
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Keller, Texas
    Posts
    338
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordo Fatsky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Ear infection??

    Quote Originally Posted by jsgirl View Post
    Tink didn't show any signs either til I seen her ears all sore and yucky. She didn't bother them at all during the day nor did she shake her head. She was eating and playing like normal. Thankfully she takes naps on me so I seen it and smelled them. Good luck hope he gets better soon!
    Awww poor baby! So glad she is doing better though. Thank you! Haha I have been chasing him around the house trying to clean his ear. I hope so too. Thank you!!

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,636
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2118

    Default Re: Ear infection??

    Hi Amanda, so sorry Gordo, has a sore ear. It definetely sounds like an ear infection, and you've already been given good advice regarding cleaning his ear, and taking him to the vet to get it checked out. The only thing I can add is you can use over the counter Polysporin ear drops in his ear until you get him to the vet. You can buy them at the drugstore.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  7. #7
    Potty Trainer BeeGee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Brie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Bryan, Texas
    Posts
    68
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lula Belle & Big Chief
    Likes (Received)
    16

    Default Re: Ear infection??

    Belle had an ear infection a couple of months back and the vet gave us the option of doing a one time (large) dose there in the office (I can't remember the name of it) or administering drops at home for 10 days. We did the one time dose and it was nasty. Made her ears sticky and drippy for days and she was not happy at all. It made a mess everywhere. If I had to do it again I would take the drops home for a few days.

  8. #8
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,125
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11468

    Default Re: Ear infection??

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordosmom1212 View Post
    Hey guys,
    So I just noticed Gordos ear and it is sooo red and inflamed! I was hoping if anyone had experience with this and something that will help him until we can get him to the vet??

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    white vinager and water mix to clean it till you get the meds
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  9. #9
    Pet Sitter Gordosmom1212's Avatar
    Real Name
    Amanda
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Keller, Texas
    Posts
    338
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordo Fatsky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Ear infection??

    Thank you. I will try that. He can't get in until tomorrow.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •