Help Needed! Ear infection??

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
Hey guys,
So I just noticed Gordos ear and it is sooo red and inflamed! I was hoping if anyone had experience with this and something that will help him until we can get him to the vet??

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

jsgirl

Dec 5, 2013
zanesville ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tink
That's how tinks was it came back a bacterial infection. She was on drops for 10 days and a antibiotic. Just try and keep them clean and dry til u get him to the vet. But I would definitely get him cause they can get really bad and stinky too.

OP
Gordosmom1212

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's how tinks was it came back a bacterial infection. She was on drops for 10 days and a antibiotic. Just try and keep them clean and dry til u get him to the vet. But I would definitely get him cause they can get really bad and stinky too.

Thank you! I barely noticed it this evening. He was acting his normal self all day. So I cleaned it as much as I could. He wasn't very happy about it though. I hope to get him in tomorrow :(

jsgirl

Dec 5, 2013
zanesville ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tink
Thank you! I barely noticed it this evening. He was acting his normal self all day. So I cleaned it as much as I could. He wasn't very happy about it though. I hope to get him in tomorrow :(

Tink didn't show any signs either til I seen her ears all sore and yucky. She didn't bother them at all during the day nor did she shake her head. She was eating and playing like normal. Thankfully she takes naps on me so I seen it and smelled them. Good luck hope he gets better soon!

OP
Gordosmom1212

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tink didn't show any signs either til I seen her ears all sore and yucky. She didn't bother them at all during the day nor did she shake her head. She was eating and playing like normal. Thankfully she takes naps on me so I seen it and smelled them. Good luck hope he gets better soon!

Awww poor baby! So glad she is doing better though. Thank you! Haha I have been chasing him around the house trying to clean his ear. I hope so too. Thank you!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Amanda, so sorry Gordo, has a sore ear. It definetely sounds like an ear infection, and you've already been given good advice regarding cleaning his ear, and taking him to the vet to get it checked out. The only thing I can add is you can use over the counter Polysporin ear drops in his ear until you get him to the vet. You can buy them at the drugstore.

BeeGee

Apr 26, 2013
Bryan, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lula Belle & Big Chief
Belle had an ear infection a couple of months back and the vet gave us the option of doing a one time (large) dose there in the office (I can't remember the name of it) or administering drops at home for 10 days. We did the one time dose and it was nasty. Made her ears sticky and drippy for days and she was not happy at all. It made a mess everywhere. If I had to do it again I would take the drops home for a few days.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey guys,
So I just noticed Gordos ear and it is sooo red and inflamed! I was hoping if anyone had experience with this and something that will help him until we can get him to the vet??

white vinager and water mix to clean it till you get the meds

OP
Gordosmom1212

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you. I will try that. He can't get in until tomorrow.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.