Help!!! UTI?

Feb 6, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Piggy
I woke up this morning and miss piggy peed on the floor- she is completely 100% house trained and the last time she did this was last summer when I suspected she had a UTI or something along those lines. So I cleaned it up and immediately she asked to go out for her morning bathroom session. I watched her and she squatted for a good 2-3 minutes as if she was trying to pee and only tiny drops were coming out. She's asked to go out 4 times within the last hour and she does the same exact thing every time - squats to pee for a few mins and only drops come out. She hasn't done anything different or been anywhere different, the only thing I can think of is I've been trying to switch her dog food and find a good fit for her. Over the past 4 days we've tried Fromm and TOTE with no luck, she'd sniff it and walk away. Yesterday I went to exchange the TOTW and decided to try earthborn grain free and she ate about half a cup of it last night mixed in with her wellness core. This morning she ate about 1/2 cup wellness with 1/4 cup earthborn. My question - is it possible that the earthborn triggered this problem? It seems too coincidental that she finally ate a diff food and the next day she starts peeing weird. Please let me know your thoughts or if you've experienced any of this! If it's the food, I will go exchange it immediately and I guess I'll try something else :(

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, sorry you're going through this with Miss Piggy, I haven't heard of a food change causing changes in pee, only in poop, such as diarrhea, or soft serve, or more frequent bowel movements. I would take her to the vet to have her checked for a UTI, as frequent peeing, and having accidents are usually signs of a UTI. Please keep us posted.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hi, sorry you're going through this with Miss Piggy, I haven't heard of a food change causing changes in pee, only in poop, such as diarrhea, or soft serve, or more frequent bowel movements. I would take her to the vet to have her checked for a UTI, as frequent peeing, and having accidents are usually signs of a UTI. Please keep us posted.

I totally agree with [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION]. Food can cause poop problems-Sounds like she has a UTI, and needs to go to vet-today if possible, Not good if she can not pee, and is feeling pressure to pee. Those are symptoms of it. She needs antibiotic. Best Wishes-let us know!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yep sounds like she's likely got a UTI or stones, which would also explain her eating habits if she's not feeling well. :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=11027]Diana and Miss Piggy[/MENTION] ---- any update, how is she doing today?

OP
D
Feb 6, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Piggy
Hi guys! Took her to the vet first thing this morning. They couldn't get a urine sample when they took her out back to pee- she squatted for them but nothing came out. After checking her down there they came to the conclusion it was inflamed and her symptoms led them to believe it was infact a UTI. She's on antibiotics and it should start to clear up within the next 2-4 days. That combined with her eye ulcer is enough to make me think that's why she's lost her appetite for food! We tried Fromm, TOTW and now we are on earth born. Got her to eat yesterday and today. Still not 100% where I'd like her to be, she's still leaving some at the bottom of bowl. She gets 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup at night and has always done extremely well with that amount. Hopefully as her eye heals and UTI goes away she'll feel better and be interested in food! Hoping to try out the Fromm pork n peas and see if she likes that. (The beef frittata was a no go). Thank you all for your advice! You were right!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi guys! Took her to the vet first thing this morning. They couldn't get a urine sample when they took her out back to pee- she squatted for them but nothing came out. After checking her down there they came to the conclusion it was inflamed and her symptoms led them to believe it was infact a UTI. She's on antibiotics and it should start to clear up within the next 2-4 days. That combined with her eye ulcer is enough to make me think that's why she's lost her appetite for food! We tried Fromm, TOTW and now we are on earth born. Got her to eat yesterday and today. Still not 100% where I'd like her to be, she's still leaving some at the bottom of bowl. She gets 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup at night and has always done extremely well with that amount. Hopefully as her eye heals and UTI goes away she'll feel better and be interested in food! Hoping to try out the Fromm pork n peas and see if she likes that. (The beef frittata was a no go). Thank you all for your advice! You were right!

so glad she has the meds... in a couple days her appetite will be back and she will be raring to go!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

So glad she's on the mend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sounds like she will be feeling better soon, now that she has meds. I know I am always saying "yogurt", but my dogs are crazy about it, and maybe if your' s likes it, you could put some in her food to get her to eat. ?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online