Help Needed! Limping

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I posted this in the general section and gotten many responses. Duke and duchess we're playing yesterday as they always do and my girlfriend called me mid day saying duchess would put weight on her back left leg. She limps on and off on it but for the most part she won't put weight on it. Any suggestions? How long do I wait before I go to vet? What's the vet gonna do? X-rays? Could really use some veteran help here.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She may have just sprained it. I would give it a few days to see if it gets better. If she is worse in the morning, then take her in, but I have a feeling she will be better in the morning.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I agree, I would wait a day or two and see how your dog responds before a visit to the Vet, in the meantime as much as is reasonable and possible limit the dogs activity especially any running or jumping.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
so many posts on limping these days…. we're going in for an xray tomorrow morning. its been a few weeks for us.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Thanks for the responses guys. We'll this happened on Wednesday and she is still limping / not putting much weight on it. So I contact the vet Monday. Now X-rays don't have the ability to show soft tissue injuries. So how does the vet determine a soft tissue injury.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Thanks for the responses guys. We'll this happened on Wednesday and she is still limping / not putting much weight on it. So I contact the vet Monday. Now X-rays don't have the ability to show soft tissue injuries. So how does the vet determine a soft tissue injury.

by ruling out things found on an xray. its not easy too diagnose that's for sure. and the front limbs are harder to diagnose than the hindlimbs

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

prayers that it is not a serious injury and she just pulled a muscle --- fingers and paws crossed

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.