Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mange?

What a handsome boy! It does look like it's getting a bit better, paws crossed it keeps doing so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jasmeen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stanlee
    Likes (Received)

Stanlee was diagnosed with demodectic mange (generlized) and was given ivermicin and a shampoo. He has been on his treatment for 30 days and his last visit saw NO mites,yay! He needs to finish the ivermicin but other than that he is fine. He is still red and hair is still missing so I decided to give him a grain free diet,still too early to tell but hopefully he will get less red and his coat will be back to normal.

I would def ask your vet about ivermicin since that's the only treatment out there. I hope your babe gets better soon!
    I also give him fish oil (1000 mg)and vitamin e (400 iu) it's great for everyday to promote healthy skin and he just takes the same ones I take!

Real Name
    Cyndi and Steve
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Champ (English), CeCe (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Champ was diagnosed with Demodex mange three weeks ago. It seems to be at a standstill. I am putting on the orange prescription medicine twice a day but the doctor has not suggested a special shampoo. What is the name of your shampoo and where can I get it? Thanks!

Real Name
    Kymberly & Andrew
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porter and Gracie Mae
    Likes (Received)

Hello! My baby girl Gracie is actually experiencing this now. We saw two small spots on her back where she was losing her fur, and then noticed she was getting weird with her food. The combination of the two, whether related or not, made us take her to the vet immediately. That was two weeks ago. From this vet visit, we found out she actually has mange, which our vet said was hereditary in a LOT of cases, and prescribed 30 days of Ivermectin. It's helped her a lot, but I'm afraid has REALLY affected her appetite. She's literally eating half as much as she was, but she's now keeping her food down, and her skin is a lot better. We will be seeing our vet in about two weeks for a follow up. GOOD LUCK with this! Our girl is all white, and she's living up to the stereotype about white dogs being more prone to allergies and skin issues. We love her anyway!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads