Urinated blood?

nellbell

Feb 5, 2014
Braintree, MA
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelly
My eight month old female just urinated blood. No other symptoms of uti other than being a little clingy and whiney last day or two. Bloodshot eyes but sometimes cold weather seems to do that. We have a Banfield wellness plan, but it seems to be closed today due to weather and wondering whether I should wait until tomorrow or take her to the VCA today.

It's not just about the money. I kind of pride myself on not being panicky about dog issues. Don't know if I'm unduly worried.

Thanks.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My eight month old female just urinated blood. No other symptoms of uti other than being a little clingy and whiney last day or two. Bloodshot eyes but sometimes cold weather seems to do that. We have a Banfield wellness plan, but it seems to be closed today due to weather and wondering whether I should wait until tomorrow or take her to the VCA today.

It's not just about the money. I kind of pride myself on not being panicky about dog issues. Don't know if I'm unduly worried.

Thanks.

I would take her to the VCA, blood is not good and being whiney could mean something is going on. Please keep us posted, I hope everything is ok.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I am thinking she could still have a UTI, even if there aren't any other signs or symptoms. Blood in the urine is usually a sign of a bladder infection. There are other causes for blood in the urine other than bladder or kidney infection, such as bladder or kidney stones, could she be in heat?, or in some cases cancer. Is Nelly spayed?, how is her appetite, is she drinking water?, is she showing signs of being tired or lethargic? I agree with Phil, a trip to the vet would be a good idea, to check for a UTI, and to rule out possible other causes. I hope Nelly feels better soon, and that it's nothing too serious.
Sending love, hugs and prayers to you and Nelly. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree… she needs to be seen by a vet. It could be something serious.

OP
N

nellbell

Feb 5, 2014
Braintree, MA
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelly
Thanks everyone. You are all awesome. We grabbed a sample and took her to a different Banfield, about 20 miles away. It's a UTI. I think because of the snow it was a brighter red than I would normally have noticed, which made me nervous. I'm so grateful to have such quick and caring responses.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone. You are all awesome. We grabbed a sample and took her to a different Banfield, about 20 miles away. It's a UTI. I think because of the snow it was a brighter red than I would normally have noticed, which made me nervous. I'm so grateful to have such quick and caring responses.

That's good that you took her, thank you so much for letting us know. I hope she feels better real soon. :welcome: to EBN!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm reading this a little late, I'm glad you brought her in and she can now begin to get better and feel better. This site is full of awesome people ready to help at any time.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

So glad you got the results so fast! She is going to feel better so quickly, read the UTI article to make sure you get rid of it for good or it will just come back.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.