Skin Issues

Cosis

Feb 4, 2014
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bronson, Delilah
Hi, this is my first post. I have a 4 year old English Bulldog named Delilah. For the past few months she's been dealing with patchy and scabby skin on her back. I took her to the vet and they have her a antibiotic and steroid. It didn't have any benefit so I took her back and they have her a anti fungal medicine. That also did nothing for her skin. I tried taking some photos of her back. It is a bunch of bumpy patches and flaky skin. I would appreciate any advice on what I can try to hell her skin.

Thanks,
Nick

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 138

RamseyTheBulldog

Dec 22, 2013
Florida
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsey
I have a year old female bulldog who actually seemed to have the same thing. My vet gave her a steroid shot, two weeks of antibiotics, anti-fungal shampoo & leave in conditioner. My vet told me it was a skin infection from a bunch of fire ant bites she had gotten prior & just scratched too much. It seemed to work perfectly for my dog. I was also told to try coconut oil on their skin & scoops in her food. The shampoo & conditioner worked great!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Have they done a skin scraping to determine what it is? It is hard to tell anything from the pictures. What kind of food is she eating? She could have food allergy.

OP
C

Cosis

Feb 4, 2014
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bronson, Delilah
Manydogs,

they did a skin scraping and the vet told me she thought it was fungal. The medicine though didn't help. She said next time she would test her for roundworm or ringworm but I really do not think that is it. She eats Nutro Venison and rice or potato. She has been on this food for awhile.

I will try the coconut oil. I think I already have a big jar of it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi Nick --- :welcome3: to EBN.

That looks like it could be a staph infection.... ask the vet to test for it. If it is staph, Delilah will need a stong long dose of antibiotics

Good luck and PLEASE keep us posted

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.