Yellow Drippy Goop. And sometimes Red.

• Thread starter Baxter Tiberius
  • Start date
B

Baxter Tiberius

Baxter walks around and leaves little drops of yellow goop that quickly dry, and are not very easy to clean up. Even from smooth tile.

This is happening more and more recently. I have white tile floor so these yellow dots are everywhere.

The stuff smells horribly pungent. its not an infection. its coming from his penis.

Sometimes he will squirt this stuff from his weiner when he gets "shocked" by a very loud, sudden noise.

the smell is horrible, and its so strange how he shoots the stuff out as he runs like hell. lol.

some websites say its residual goop because he's not neutered, and his hormones are kicking in.

others say it can be an object stuck in the "sheath" and it needs irrigation, but I don't think that's what it is.

One out of every 30 drops is a cloudy red drop. implication is blood.

His kidney numbers are not normal, so i don't know if thats related. his BUN was pretty high, and one doc recommended an ultra sound of the kidney. This was a couple months ago though.

Anyone else dealt with this and gotten a solid answer as to the cause? Lots of theories out there. Nobody seems too sure though.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Kevin, I just posted an answer on your other thread regarding Baxter peeing in the house, I mentioned if he could have a bladder infection. Maybe it is his kidneys? The discharge and the blood could be related to why he is peeing and having accidents in the house. I would have the vet recheck him for a UTI, and also maybe check his kidneys, there is something going on there. Good luck, I hope your vet can figure out what's causing the discharge and the peeing problems. Please let us know what he says.

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

Oh he's been on like (literally) 5 courses of antibiotics and I absolutely can't imagine he has a UTI.

He's had this "ill pee anywhere I want" thing for the entire time I've had him. So unless he's had a UTI through 5 courses of antibiotics and 8 months long, I can't imagine its that.

Does a UTI cause abnormal kidney bloodwork like high BUN?

When I google this there's a Lot of talk about it being hormone related, and extremely normal, but it doesn't seem normal.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
How is Baxter doing? Maybe an ultra sound should be done, or an x ray. Please keep us posted on Baxter. Susan Moore

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It's fairly common for his age to have "smegma"

As far as a UTI, not sure about BUN levels but unless he was on the antibiotics all in a row and the UTI or infection was completely cured, it will just reproduce again. Sometimes it takes several months and several urine rechecks to completely get rid of a UTI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
A severe UTI that has gone untreated can in time cause other problems in the body, such as effecting the kidneys and their functions (BUN, creatinine, ect) but it doesn't sound like that's your problem. If by chance it is a UTI, being on 5 antibiotics wouldn't matter unless they were antibiotics used to treat UTI's. All depends on the type of bacteria in the urine. I would suggest an ultrasound of his kidneys though because there is definitely something going on (a X-ray won't show anything with the kidneys).

📰 Latest posts

Members online