What could cause this?

LexiLou

Nov 20, 2013
outside of Seattle, WA
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Lexi Lou and our Bully angel Libby.
I noticed yesterday that Lexi has a small patch of fur missing on her face. I've been googling at the possibilities and it's making me rather nervous. She has been on the same food that the breeder had her on. (Nutro natural). So what could be the cause? Here's a picture of the missing hair spot.
.e4u2evy5.jpg
bemery5y.jpg

Bleu Bully

Sep 17, 2013
NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bleu
My baby Blue has a spot like that on her neck but a little bigger. I took her collar off thinking it was irritating her. Can't wait t see the responses.

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Hmm, well if it is just that tiny patch, it could just be one of those random things. If she develops any more patches, the only thing I am familiar with that causes patchy hair loss is demodectic mange. I REALLY wouldn't worry about that at this stage, though. That's just a little bitty patch, like maybe she had a scrape there. How old is she?

Google can make you crazy, try not to worry. :)

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Raven has one on her shoulder as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo had the same thing, I put Neosporin on it for several days it is all well now. Susan Moore

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I noticed yesterday that Lexi has a small patch of fur missing on her face. I've been googling at the possibilities and it's making me rather nervous. She has been on the same food that the breeder had her on. (Nutro natural). So what could be the cause? Here's a picture of the missing hair spot.
.e4u2evy5.jpg
bemery5y.jpg

Been a few days.... any change to it?

Kostas

Oct 16, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Peggie-Sue
Peggie seems to have similar/same thing... noticed small patch a couple days ago? Anyone know what could be from? Or what I should do?
28cc44da4deee7cf77f23c303b03b377.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Peggie seems to have similar/same thing... noticed small patch a couple days ago? Anyone know what could be from? Or what I should do?
28cc44da4deee7cf77f23c303b03b377.jpg

I see the area is pink/red, but not sure what it is. going to tag a couple members, in the meantime can you get a better picture?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
They do not look like hot spots, no crusty stuff like staph, so I would definitely get the spots of missing hair checked for mange or fungus, especially if they get any bigger or if you find more.

The benefit of getting them check NOW, is that if it is a fungus or mites, the sooner you catch it the quicker it is to recover from. If you wait for more spots, it is going to be a much longer process to get over.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If you have any Nustock, I would put a dab on and rub it in. Use every 3rd day. Or you could try Vetericyn. But NuStock would take care of it, if it is small mange spots-or sores.

Kostas

Oct 16, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Peggie-Sue
I will try and get a better picture and thanks for the tip on the Nustock. I don't have any currently but will definitely pick some up.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online