Histioctyoma?

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Well I came back from my 2 week business trip and I think my frenchton has a histioctyoma. My Bugg had one when she was a puppy but I remember it being a lot more red and looking more like a wound. I know some of you have dealt with it in the past - I'm just wondering if you think that is what it is.

We are going to watch it for a bit to see if it grows anymore before taking him to the vet. It definitely showed up in the two weeks I was gone. my husband noticed it last week but I wipe down paws several times daily and esp this one because he is allergic to the cat.

When my bugg had it the vet basically told us to wait it out and after 6 weeks it fell off

avusuny2.jpg

On EB news, Curly completely ignored me for 2 hours after I got home. He didn't like me being away lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ignored for 2 hrs.... wow, someone was not happy with you :stinkeye:

Lisa has experience with these .... [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If it is a hystiocytoma they appear very quickly, and take some time to go away on their own. I have never seen one in that area before, and they are usually much darker in color. I would put some medicine on it, like neosphorin, would be better if you have panalog or douxo wipes, and if you have antibacterial antifungal shampoo that is even better (like douxo or pharmaseb). If not, 25% vinegar and 75% water soak in case it's fungal.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I know! And he just hid behind my husband and gave me the side eye. I guess all the FaceTime conversations I had with him didn't count lol.
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] thanks for the tips! We have a prescription anti-fungal shampoo for him and he is due for a bath (prob going to bathe him tomorrow). He doesn't seem bothered by it and I can touch it, press on it and it doesn't bother him any.

When my bugg had one it was much more red and almost looked like a sore boil. It was on her side right where her chest met her front arm.

Sully has a dermatologist appointment in a few weeks so I will ask them about it. Hopefully it is nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.