Hard Bump Under Skin on Leg/Hip

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Hi Everyone! Ever since we got Barkley at 4 months old, he had a tiny bump under his skin on his hip/leg area. It was so small at first and I thought it might just be something weird with his fur there so I never really thought anything of it.

In the last few weeks it has gotten bigger, maybe the size of a dime or so (He's now almost 15 months old). It's very hard and doesn't seem to be mobile and it doesn't bother him when I touch it or squeeze it.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what it could be?

Thanks!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Could just be a fatty deposit, or maybe a cyst, but you may want the vet check it to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas had the same thing a couple years ago, right on his left hip area. It was a hard bump about the size of a pea. I had the vet look at it and it was a fatty deposit. It eventually just went away, but I would still have the vet take a look at it the next time you take him in.

OP
sunkissedpr1ncs

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Could just be a fatty deposit, or maybe a cyst, but you may want the vet check it to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vegas had the same thing a couple years ago, right on his left hip area. It was a hard bump about the size of a pea. I had the vet look at it and it was a fatty deposit. It eventually just went away, but I would still have the vet take a look at it the next time you take him in.

Thank you both! That makes me feel a little less anxious about it! He is scheduled for surgery in a few weeks for his soft palate and neutering so I will see if they can check it out while he's there :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Yes, just calm down, have him checked when you have the surgery, if it is a cyst they will just drain it. I see no need to rush him in right now. Good luck with the surgery!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you both! That makes me feel a little less anxious about it! He is scheduled for surgery in a few weeks for his soft palate and neutering so I will see if they can check it out while he's there :)

Banks has one of these too.... on the inside of her lower leg, I play with it when she lays next to me sleeping.... :D

Keep us posted on the surgery..... good luck with it all

Most Reactions