A little info about rolls and wrinkles....

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
and wiping out tear stains. This has been an ongoing topic FUREVER! But, I thought I'd share some info out of a book I just found.

Tear stains...
If tear stains develope, mix equal parts hydrogen peroxide and white milk of magnesia with enough cornstarch to make a paste. Apply to the stained areas twice daily, then brush it out with a toothbrush after it has dried into a cake. Stains should begin to fade in 5 to 7 days. After, apply the mixture once a day. Be sure none of this gets into the eyes. You can also apply a thin layer of diaper rash ointment over the stained area and dust it with medicated powder. This will cause tears to roll off the face instead of staining it.

Wrinkles....
If your bulldog's wrinkle smells fishy..you may not be cleaning it properly. Wrinkles are a "landfill in search of debris". Excess food, tears, and other stuff can accumulate and fester in the wrinkles, causing them to become red, raw, and infected. They must be kept clean because air cannot circulate thru them. You can use all sorts of things to clean the wrinkles. Cotton swabs in warm water, a damp cloth, cotton balls, or baby wipes. Instead of warm water, you could also try a mixture of warm water and dog shampoo. Clean the wrinkles softly. Bulldogs take offense to you messing with their bully-ful ness. After they are cleaned, rinse them with warm water if a cleaning agent was used; dry them thoroughly, then add a layer of petroleum jelly to soothe the skin and to create a water barrier. If you notice bald spots or a rash in the wrinkle when you clean them, take him to the vet....he may have fungus growing.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I already use the paste (without the milk of magnesia) and it does work. :)

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I tried the diaper rash cream but will try the paste. It is so hard to keep her face white like when she was a puppy!

Members online

No members online now.