Cyst? Help!

Bulliebrothers

May 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester and Clyde
Chester has developed both an interdigital cyst and a red bump(cyst?) next to his nose. I've been reading all the great advice regarding soaks for his paw, but does anyone have any advice for his face? I've been using Douxo pads and Neosporin for a couple of days with no change.

image.jpg image.jpg
I would appreciate any suggestions. My plan was to bring him to the vet by the end of the week if it doesn't improve.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Does it feel soft if you push on it-or squeeze it gently. A cyst usually feels like a balloon. It could be an ingrown hair. I would try putting some drawing salve on it. If not smaller after a couple of days, I would take him in.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
For the cyst it was suggested to soak them in epson salt, and the facial ones I just used those douxo pads or you could use witch hazel on a cotton pad. Hopefully Chester will feel better soon!!!

OP
Bulliebrothers

Bulliebrothers

May 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester and Clyde
I would say it's hard(firm) but yet filled with fluid. I don't know if that makes sense. When I just gave it a slight squeeze a drop of clear liquid and blood came out the side. So maybe the drawing salve would work. Where do I get that?

thanks for your help

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I was thinking the one on Chester's face is a pimple? I would just give it some more time, continue wiping with the Duoxo. When you see the vet, he/she may opt for antibiotics if it doesn't clear up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with Henny --- continue with the pads.... it sounds more like a pimple

Most Reactions