General Question Sooooo.....What is this??

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Long story short, ever since we brought our son home from the hospital, Ellie has been getting sick off an on. We've had x-rays done, blood work done, medications, change of food, just about everything except for surgery and that's because the x-rays came back clean. Well she started getting sick again last week and hasn't been eating the past couple of days. This was the first episode since changing her food back in October. The wife came home today to a crate covered in explosive diarrhea. Mixed in was this bad boy that my wife so eloquently said in a text "this came out of Ellie's butt...." I'm not sure if this has been the culprit all along since the x-rays came back clean or if it's something new that she decided to gulp down recently. Either way, I'm surprised that she A: got it down and B: got it out! Any idea what this could be? It's a squishy rubber material with a hole in the center. Also, looking at it from the side, it's "dome" shaped. I'm not aware of anything that that we own that this could have came off of. That's a U.S. quarter next to it for size comparisons.

2014-01-20 18.59.48.jpg

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh Lisa.... Look familiar??
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Does she chew stuffies?? kind of looks like a squeaker???

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looks just like Yunas obstruction! Omg we don't know what it is either!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390263526.392215.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
door stopper?
Possible, but it's a solid piece of rubber and thicker than a door stopper that you find on a wall behind the door handle. It's also much larger than the rubber tips of door stoppers that are on the slender metal rod at the baseboard.

Does she chew stuffies?? kind of looks like a squeaker???
No stuffies and since it's solid rubber, definitely not a squeaker. We've learned that she likes to shred and eat her stuffies.

Looks just like Yunas obstruction! Omg we don't know what it is either!!!

View attachment 64871

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eerily similar. I've got it bagged up and ready to take to the vet tomorrow to see if they can ID it.

Last edited:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Looks like a rubber footing fo some type of tray/stand or a small rubber ball. Glad she got it out though. Hopefully she starts to feel better soon.

Thinking about it a bit more it could be a rubber cap to a base board mount doorstop. The chemical composition of the material would change as it comes in contact with stomach acids and intestinal enzymes so that shape and size is entirely possible.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Looks like a rubber footing fo some type of tray/stand or a small rubber ball. Glad she got it out though. Hopefully she starts to feel better soon.

Thinking about it a bit more it could be a rubber cap to a base board mount doorstop. The chemical composition of the material would change as it comes in contact with stomach acids and intestinal enzymes so that shape and size is entirely possible.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

With one side flat, the domed shape would make sense for a rubber foot. I'm not aware of anything that we own that has feet that size though. Our house was newer construction when we bought it about 9 years ago, so I guess it's possible that Ellie dug it up recently. It would also fit for a baseboard doorstop.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I think she will be feeling alot better, now! No telling how long it has been inside of her-and today was your (and her ) lucky day! Boy, are we not OBSESSED with pooping!! ?
Can you believe how happy we can be over POOP!!!!!!! Just more proof that x ray not always reveals.:poo::detective2:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.