Help Needed! Teeth

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well. Yesterday while we were brushing Winston's teeth I noticed one of his teeth is starting to yellow. I know that it's build up but does anyone know how to get rid of it and how to prevent it from happening more???? Any help is appreciated, thanks!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Never surgically clean your bullies teeth unless dire emergency, too risky!
Raw bones, never cooked or baked, help clean teeth and so does raw diet.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Never surgically clean your bullies teeth unless dire emergency, too risky!
Raw bones, never cooked or baked, help clean teeth and so does raw diet.

Thank you!! Yeah I would never unless I absolutely had to which i don't see right now. Do you think acv would help at all?? I am going to start brushing more too!

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
ACV is magic in a bottle! Use the organic with 'the mother'...Walmart's carries
Bragg's. Start with 1 tsp (so he gets use to taste) in drinking bowl, build up to
1 TBSP daily. Honestly, for you & him...healthy & helpful in many ways :) If you
use it for final rinse after bathing, can use the cheaper white vinegar.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
ACV is magic in a bottle! Use the organic with 'the mother'...Walmart's carries
Bragg's. Start with 1 tsp (so he gets use to taste) in drinking bowl, build up to
1 TBSP daily. Honestly, for you & him...healthy & helpful in many ways :) If you
use it for final rinse after bathing, can use the cheaper white vinegar.

Very good to know! Im going to go searching for that one, thank you!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have always had drama trying to brush my dogs teeth… LOL I agree w/Carol I wouldn't go for the surgery unless absolutely necessary!!!

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Very good to know! Im going to go searching for that one, thank you!

The final rinse off is to fill a plastic gallon pitcher with 2 cups white vinegar, fill
with warm water, from neck back slowly rinse thru coat. Leave in, blot dry.
Prevents stinky dog smell and longer between bath time & conditions skin & fur.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I have always had drama trying to brush my dogs teeth… LOL I agree w/Carol I wouldn't go for the surgery unless absolutely necessary!!!

lol he actually loves his teeth being brushed haha yes I completely agree with that. Considering it's only one tooth it's def not worth the risk!

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston

The final rinse off is to fill a plastic gallon pitcher with 2 cups white vinegar, fill
with warm water, from neck back slowly rinse thru coat. Leave in, blot dry.
Prevents stinky dog smell and longer between bath time & conditions skin & fur.

Thank you so much!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, regular teeth brushing is the best way to prevent plaque buildup on teeth, also their is a product you can buy at Petsmart, it is a green liquid that you add to the drinking water, it smells minty and is supposed to help remove tooth buildup, and make the breath fresh. You can find it in the section where you buy the dog toothpaste and toothbrushes. I take my two guys about every 3 or 4 months to the groomers to have their teeth brushed and scaled, the groomer there has done a course on teeth scaling, and she does a really good job, but I've been taking them there since they were 8 months old, and do it regularly, so there hasn't been any buildup. I like doing it there because they get their teeth cleaned and scaled without having to be put under anesthetic.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hi, regular teeth brushing is the best way to prevent plaque buildup on teeth, also their is a product you can buy at Petsmart, it is a green liquid that you add to the drinking water, it smells minty and is supposed to help remove tooth buildup, and make the breath fresh. You can find it in the section where you buy the dog toothpaste and toothbrushes. I take my two guys about every 3 or 4 months to the groomers to have their teeth brushed and scaled, the groomer there has done a course on teeth scaling, and she does a really good job, but I've been taking them there since they were 8 months old, and do it regularly, so there hasn't been any buildup. I like doing it there because they get their teeth cleaned and scaled without having to be put under anesthetic.

Thanks so much for the info! Yeah we have always brushed Winston's teeth but I guess we weren't doing it enough. I just don't want it to get worse! So I will be doing it a lot more now.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola has had the whitest teeth, even the vet comments! but we never brush. she just chews nylabones and deer antlers CONSTANTLY. There is a blue rubbery nylabone that has nubs, very good at cleaning. But if your bully swallows objects, these rubbery ones may be a choking hazard. Lola always spits out the little shreds and small chunks she gets off, so i trust her with the rubbery ones. She was only using the powerful chewer nylabones for two years before that tho. (disclaimer may cause damage to teeth)

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Lola has had the whitest teeth, even the vet comments! but we never brush. she just chews nylabones and deer antlers CONSTANTLY. There is a blue rubbery nylabone that has nubs, very good at cleaning. But if your bully swallows objects, these rubbery ones may be a choking hazard. Lola always spits out the little shreds and small chunks she gets off, so i trust her with the rubbery ones. She was only using the powerful chewer nylabones for two years before that tho. (disclaimer may cause damage to teeth)

thank you! Winston's teeth were always super white because when he was younger he did the same thing always chewing the nylabones. He's almost 3 and he seems to have lost interest in chewing that much so this is a recent thing that's happening.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.