Help Needed! Tails!

TastetheRainbow

Jan 14, 2014
Killeen, TX
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Erebus
So I noticed today, I dunno why I didn't notice sooner, that Erebus Tail kind of curls tightly around his butthole. (Sorry) And when he had the runs from eating the rawhide bone some poop had gotten stuck up under his tail. In fact I now realize this happens EVERYTIME he poops. His little butt looks red and angry right now. I cleaned him up good (Which he did NOT like) but I'm wondering if there is any way to prevent this or am I just stuck cleaning him up after each poo?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yes, it sounds like you will need to clean Erebus's tail after each poop. I wipe Tate and Finn's butts after they go b/c, well, poop leftovers have a way of hiding around the tail area. Even with Finn who now doesn't have much of a tail, i must wipe his anal area b/c there will usually be some residual poop sticking there. :eek:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Same here.. Gotta clean after the go, very easy place for infection to startup..... Witch hazel on a cotton pad does the trick

OP
TastetheRainbow

TastetheRainbow

Jan 14, 2014
Killeen, TX
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Erebus
Thanks guys, Last time we had bulldogs I was little so I don't remember if we needed to wipe bottoms or not but I will definitely do that from now on. Where can I find witch hazel?

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
you can find witch hazel at whole foods or even the drugstore may have some. although i prefer alcohol free with lavendar for its soothing qualities - i use it on my own face as a toner. but for bum wipes, we use baby wipes, unscented

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.