Coughing?

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Ace woke up around 1 am which sounded like he was gagging/trying to cough up a flem. Though height have some grass in his throat. He went back to sleep. Well, he did it again. He does does few times, no flem comes out. Wish I could upload a video from here. Anyone know of what could this be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Do you have a YouTube acct? Of so upload it there and then post the link here, it could be kennel cough. How often is it happening?

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
It happened about 5-8 x last night. As of this morning only 1-2 x. He hasn't done it anymore. He's active, he ate, etc. I'll do a you tube video.

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Sorry or continuous posts..I just noticed that he has some mucus discharge from his nose

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It could also be allergies, but I would take him to a vet tomorrow just to be on the safe side. If it is an infection or kennel cough, it's best to get it early.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
is there is a discharge from nose and coughing it could be kennel cough - when mine were coughing Benylin sorted it but once they have discharge -they need antibiotics , i would take your baby to the vet just to be sure

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
He had not coughed since 8am this morning. When he breaths heavily he does discharge a very small amount of clear mucus. He does seem a lil down. He will play shortly, then rest. I'll keep a close eye. I called the vet, of course they told me to bring him in :) I'm gonna wait a few hours to see if energy levels improve.

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
i would bring him just in case , not sure if this have anything to do with it - but my friend bully have enlarged soft palette -and he sound "congested" like a wet cough - if this makes any sense before having it fixed xx please keep us updated

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
He's just a little guy. I would take him in -at least tomorrow to have him checked and his lungs listened to. Much better to be safe than to be sorry.....As it is.When you have skin kids that are sick-it's always worse late in the day-and at night.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes that cough sounds like kennel cough, very heavy and sounds like it's coming from the chest, I would get him in today if you can. Kennel cough can progress to pnuemuonia very quickly if it goes to the lungs. Just to be safe.

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
At the Vets right now. Pending X-ray to rule out pneumonia. Doc states that it may be bacterial, it may be viral and she doesn't wanna risk it not giving antibiotics due to him being 10 weeks old. We will see what the results are. Wish us luck...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I hope the poor little fella' gets the meds. he needs and feels better real soon! Good that you took him to the vet. Lucky you can find one open on Sun.! Please let us know what Dr. says.

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Decided on no X-ray. Said hopefully we could see change with clindomycin antibiotic, and if any signs of worsening, we could go for the X-ray. He did eat a little for dinner, which was a plus. He's even drinking water. No fever, which is also a plus.

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Glad you took Ace to a vet ;-) and i hope he feels better soon xx keep us updated on his progress
At times im
so grateful for pet insurance ;-)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.