TastetheRainbow

TastetheRainbow

Jan 14, 2014
Killeen, TX
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Erebus
Yes, I've told everyone, no more rawhides are allowed in my home. They're way to risky.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad the rest of the bone is gone... Hopefully he will be back to normal soon!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Update: He pooped out the rest of the bone just now. His poop is still pudding-like but I have a feeling his tummy might be a little upset from the whole ordeal so it may be a few days before it solids up again. Until then we're feeding boiled chicken and rice to help settle everything down. You can tell he is feeling much better now that, that bone is out of his system and I told my mom no more treats without asking if he can have them first, just to be safe. I told her if she wants to give her grandog a bone, to find a bigger bone, MUCH bigger lol.

Yeey, I'm so glad for you:whew: it's so stressful not knowing what's going to happen:( I don't think anyone on this forum will be judgmental:) I know I've messed up more than once, it happens:ashamed: I found two of mine chewing a glass light bulb they found in the garden (have no clue how it ended up there), totally freaked out and cried like a baby while on the phone with the vet, lol. It's now many months ago and they're fine, don't think they swallowed any glass... but I was a mess for a couple of weeks:scared: This forum got me through it<3

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Update: He pooped out the rest of the bone just now. His poop is still pudding-like but I have a feeling his tummy might be a little upset from the whole ordeal so it may be a few days before it solids up again. Until then we're feeding boiled chicken and rice to help settle everything down. You can tell he is feeling much better now that, that bone is out of his system and I told my mom no more treats without asking if he can have them first, just to be safe. I told her if she wants to give her grandog a bone, to find a bigger bone, MUCH bigger lol.

Thank GOD...wonderful news and thank you for letting us know his outcome :)
You'll find there is much more support & compassion here than judgement, with
bullies, anything can happen at any time no matter HOW vigilant and EBN strives
to help with advice, understanding & caring...we really, really care!

I've banned all toys that are soft, have squeakers, rope...really just hard Nylabones
& Kongs and those types of balls as well, all very large sizes. No rawhides or bully
sticks, pigs ears, etc Thank goodness I have control over my house (no kids) and
Cami is almost 6 ...however...she has a thing with eyeglasses and will chew them to
bits. *Sigh*...Always something with a bully...GOD bless <3

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

:whew: and thank goodness.... So happy all ended well

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Honestly when I read the beginning of this thread I didn't think it would "come to pass" this well. I felt certain that the dog would need surgery. I don't know how big the rawhide chew was but so happy for you that the dog passed it. As others haves stated, no rawhide bones or chews period, regardless of size and make sure the rest of the family understands it as well. Sometimes family members may think we bully folks are a bit overprotective and nuts but Bulldogs will just about gulp or swallow anything down. Happy for you and your dog for this good "outcome"

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Fantastic news xxx it is so scary when they swallow something
This is also why i love this forum-it is ram packed with amazing people who really care xxx

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Been following along. SO HAPPY everything came OUT ok! You'll see a lot of posts about poop -- we often get very excited about it here. No one is every going to yell! This is not that kind of place...stuff happens, no matter how careful you are! So glad your baby is doing better. Relax...breathe...it will all be fine.

OP
TastetheRainbow

TastetheRainbow

Jan 14, 2014
Killeen, TX
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Erebus
Thanks everyone, it really scared the living daylights out of me. We have completely solid poops today and he's back to his normal self and me, I'm feeling very, very relieved.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
That is awesome news so glad everything turned out as good as it has!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So glad to hear your baby is better. They really can scare thelife out of you. You will never get judgement here, most of us have had experience with our babies eating things. Mine likes socks and undies. This is why he is banned from the kids rooms upstairs where these articles happen to be on the floor. What I'm trying to say is, relax it happens to the best of us.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online