The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Panicking!!!!

We are here to help and assist not to judge; as stripped down as my house is Amber and Ruby will still find a way to chew on something or swallow the occassional sock or better yet the cats toy mice. Watch them closely and as many have said hopefully it will pass. You will be on poop patrol for a few days and if things get worse take your baby into the vet. Since he is eating that is a great sign; I usually give mine small portions of rice with the pure punkin and some ice cubes for water. Try to calm down and just watch him for a bit and it should pass. I too freak out, Amber has eaten so many things in our house and my husband being the calm one looks at me and says, "this too shall pass, one way or another." Stay calm as possible good luck and we are saying prays for you and him. Keep us posted on his progress.

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TastetheRainbow View Post
    We have progress!!!! His poos are more of a pudding consistency now instead of pure water and he pooped out half the bone! YAY!!! He seems to be feeling a bit better too and has been playing with the doberpup, definitely a good sign.

ETA: I got a weird look from a neighbor because I was exited his about his poop LOL. I guess it is only a thing a dog owner can understand.

This is big progress because this morning poops were still very watery.
    WOOHOO for POOP!! That's agood thing!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

We have progress!!!! His poos are more of a pudding consistency now instead of pure water and he pooped out half the bone! YAY!!! He seems to be feeling a bit better too and has been playing with the doberpup, definitely a good sign.

ETA: I got a weird look from a neighbor because I was exited his about his poop LOL. I guess it is only a thing a dog owner can understand.

This is big progress because this morning poops were still very watery.
    AWESOME NEWS!!!!! Good pooping doggy!!!!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I need to have patience... I'm a huge freaker outer. Keep the hydrogen peroxide info on hand. It's probably going to come in handy sooner than you think. My little one will eat anything that's not nailed down. Except for frogs, she likes to bring those into the house and then let them go.

No @JeannieCO, this was sent from my Droid Razr, not an iPhone... using Tapatalk 4.

Real Name
    Malissa
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Erebus
    Likes (Received)

Update: He pooped out the rest of the bone just now. His poop is still pudding-like but I have a feeling his tummy might be a little upset from the whole ordeal so it may be a few days before it solids up again. Until then we're feeding boiled chicken and rice to help settle everything down. You can tell he is feeling much better now that, that bone is out of his system and I told my mom no more treats without asking if he can have them first, just to be safe. I told her if she wants to give her grandog a bone, to find a bigger bone, MUCH bigger lol.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Update: He pooped out the rest of the bone just now. His poop is still pudding-like but I have a feeling his tummy might be a little upset from the whole ordeal so it may be a few days before it solids up again. Until then we're feeding boiled chicken and rice to help settle everything down. You can tell he is feeling much better now that, that bone is out of his system and I told my mom no more treats without asking if he can have them first, just to be safe. I told her if she wants to give her grandog a bone, to find a bigger bone, MUCH bigger lol.
    Thanku for the update!! I'm glad to hear that! but remember, tell your mom NO more RAWHIDES! you can give him some pure pumpkin to help with the soft poops. What a relief.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

that is soooo good to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Malissa
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Erebus
    Likes (Received)

Yes, I've told everyone, no more rawhides are allowed in my home. They're way to risky.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm so glad the rest of the bone is gone... Hopefully he will be back to normal soon!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Yeey, I'm so glad for you it's so stressful not knowing what's going to happen I don't think anyone on this forum will be judgmental I know I've messed up more than once, it happens I found two of mine chewing a glass light bulb they found in the garden (have no clue how it ended up there), totally freaked out and cried like a baby while on the phone with the vet, lol. It's now many months ago and they're fine, don't think they swallowed any glass... but I was a mess for a couple of weeks This forum got me through it<3
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Thank GOD...wonderful news and thank you for letting us know his outcome [replacer_img]
    You'll find there is much more support & compassion here than judgement, with
    bullies, anything can happen at any time no matter HOW vigilant and EBN strives
    to help with advice, understanding & caring...we really, really care!

I've banned all toys that are soft, have squeakers, rope...really just hard Nylabones
    & Kongs and those types of balls as well, all very large sizes. No rawhides or bully
    sticks, pigs ears, etc Thank goodness I have control over my house (no kids) and
    Cami is almost 6 ...however...she has a thing with eyeglasses and will chew them to
    bits. *Sigh*...Always something with a bully...GOD bless <3

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

and thank goodness.... So happy all ended well
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads