JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson has a right eye infection. Why does he have one you ask? Because him and Jack got into a fight at 9:30 pm on Sunday night. We were in bed watching TV and Jack was in one dog bed and Wilson was in Sally's which are both on my side of the bed. Sally finally decided she wanted to get into bed and went to where Jack was. Well Jack was completely covered with with a blanket all snuggled in and tucked under and he gave her a courtesy warning growl. I heard that and got up to move Sally back and that's all it took as Jack and Wilson were both facing each other. BAM!!! We have a full blown dog fight going on and Emma jumped off the bed to join in. I had Wilson by the back legs and Jack had Wilson by the head. Mike was working with Jack and me Wilson. It's been quite awhile since they fought but it was a trigger fight and to put it simple, the dog beds were just too close.

Monday when I got home Wilson was really somber and scratching at his eyes trying to wipe them off. I gave him a thorough check out. He had one puncture wound on his ear and part of his fur was missing from being stripped off (he's fine though there). Wilson's eye was completely closed shut and quite swollen. I gave him some eye drops as I didn't see any wounds.

Tuesday it was open again but looked like a very lazy eye so off to the vet he went today. Today they did an Inhalation/topical anesthesia and a corneal staining. He had a wound inside the lid. He's quite lucky he hasn't lost his eye yet in some of these fights.

He has Tobramycin Ophthalm eye drops for his eye.

I tell you, most the time they love each other and play and roll on each other but man when they get into a fight, it's full game on. :eek:

Sally's just fine as is Emma.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh boy I'm sorry to hear this. I hope Wilson is feeling better soon.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sorry about the fight-and hope Wilson's eye will heal okay.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Boys will be boys, and of course the Girls are flattered the fight is over them...... Jeannie, at my house, I hardly ever speak harshly to Rocky, he's such a laid back young man, and is quite content getting attention whenever he wants it, but most of the time sleeping, and could care less what Rambo is doing. Rambo on the other hand is a handful all day, everyday, and after I scold him, Rocky gets a toy and lures Rambo off to play, If Rambo decides he wants to get in more trouble, then I hear Rocky growl a few times, and Rambo becomes submissive. I definitely haven't had any issues in the boys fighting, although they do wrestle a good bit, laying on the carpet on their backs, head to head, paws in full motion as they roll back and forth and growling, I think it's funny, as long as no teeth are involved. I sure hope Wilson gets better, and he and Jack Mellow out.....

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ugh… I hope Wilson's eye heals up soon!!! Why is it they like to start the drama in bed at night when everybody is trying to relax?!! LOL Zzzz

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
How awful for everyone, especially Mr Wilson. It IS lucky he's not lost an eye.

In another life, I raised Chows, the big, old school line from China, tall and thick boned
athletes. They fight till their deaths, it's terrible to see. We brought a champion red
female, a gorgeous show dog to breed to my black male. All was well until we took a
6 month old female back that didn't work out for her new owners and kept her. When
Ming Chow was a year old, our breeder female started fighting her. Nothing stopped it
and finally we had to rehome our breeder female for everyone's safety. I know how
awful you & Hubby feel when these fights are over. Praying for your family's peace and
complete healing of Wilson's eye~GOD bless!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He's back to being his normal PITA self and I'm back to saying...........Wilson!!! Wilson!!! Wilson!! :banghead: :lol: He'll be fine with the drops which is a handful in and of itself. :eek:
[MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] sounds like Rambo and Wilson are both PITAs. Rocky lures him does he? That's funny if you're on my end.

Ugh… I hope Wilson's eye heals up soon!!! Why is it they like to start the drama in bed at night when everybody is trying to relax?!! LOL Zzzz
No kidding!!! What's up with that. Happens often. They'll want to play or cry to get up on the bed.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor Wilson, I guess there's really not much you can do when they get going like that except hold them back like you did. Im really happy Sally didn't get involved in all that. Hugs to my Wilson boy.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh man I'm glad he's on the mend. Luckily Mike was there to help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Phil, lucky I had already put Sally off to the side before it happened. When they fight it's not pretty and it's not easy to get them off of each other. I'm very thankful that they have gotten past last year. Wilson seemed fine right after the fight and I even inspected him and his eyes. But by Monday when I got home I knew he was hurting. Poor guy. [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION]

This was them tonight, best buds again. :)
image.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YIkes......... So good to hear they are both OK. Wilson, Wilson, Wilson.....

Is INNOCENT, I tell ya!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh, Jeannie! and Oh, Wilson!! It has been awhile since they've gotten into a fight, hasn't it? Wishing Wilson a speedy recovery and that the eye gets fully healed. Give Wilson a swat on the behind and a big kiss too from us! :heartsign:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.