Stickies on entropian and cherry eye?

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Hello, I want to do a little reading on both of these things, and thought that I had seen articles on them recently, but I'm having trouble finding them. Can anyone point me in that direction please? :)

I ask, not because I'm convinced that anything is wrong, but first because it's just a good thing to be more aware of, but also because Winslow is more teary and his eye boogers are coming out with a greater force and mucky color. His inner eyelid seems to be inflamed on one side. Before I bring him to even have it seen, I just want to get up to speed so I'm not too overwhelmed by any news I'm given.

Thank you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Home page -- down the right hand side of the page

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Home page -- down the right hand side of the page
Thanks! I found the cherry eye article just a moment ago, but on the home page all I see on the right are bullies for adoption. I did look at a few other things about entropian though. I don't really think either of those are what's going on, but it's good to know a little more about them. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks! I found the cherry eye article just a moment ago, but on the home page all I see on the right are bullies for adoption. I did look at a few other things about entropian though. I don't really think either of those are what's going on, but it's good to know a little more about them. :)

Ya know, I think we are still working on that article.... there is another eye lash condition, begins with a 'd'..... [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] might know

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Haha that's so strange, I thought I had seen one! :p

Well here's a pic of what his third eyelid is looking like. He's half asleep in this picture so it looks WAY more exaggerated.

20140115_132539.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Doesn't look like distachia or entropion from the pic, but I would need a flashlight and magnifying glass to be sure. Looks like a little swelling of the third eyelid which could be a future cherry eye or possibly a scratch or ulcer on the eye, and his muscles are trying to protect it. Is he squinting or blinking a lot?

No articles on entropion or distachia yet, but many forum topics.

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Doesn't look like distachia or entropion from the pic, but I would need a flashlight and magnifying glass to be sure. Looks like a little swelling of the third eyelid which could be a future cherry eye or possibly a scratch or ulcer on the eye, and his muscles are trying to protect it. Is he squinting or blinking a lot?

No articles on entropion or distachia yet, but many forum topics.
Thanks for your response!
I haven't noticed him doing either of those things, just the redness and puffiness, extra eye goo and he's been sleeping a lot today which is probably unrelated. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online