SHAKY

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
So over the last week or so, I have noticed my EBD get kinda shaky, kinda like a tremor or something, his whole body gets like that. He acts like nothing is wrong, he wants to play, lay in my lap etc. He is eating fine and doesn't show any other signs of something wrong from what I have noticed, have you ever seen anything like that. It doesn't happen very often but it has happened twice in the last week.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
How long does this last -if blood sugar drops too low that can happen. That may not be the problem, but try giving Kayro syrup, or maple syrup or something sweet, when it happens. If it is blood sugar-that will stop it-and then a trip to the vet. I have experience with seizure's, but I haven't seen a seizure like that-but I assume that is a possibility. Someone else will have more ideas.?

Last edited:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Could he be shivering because he is cold? It's been abnormally cold lately.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Ya know, Phil-I never even thought of that-it has been colder in Tx. than it usually is.:yes:

OP
Jlambe

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
well happened yesterday and in the afternoon and it was 70 yesterday. I notice if I pet him or touch him the shaking stops/tremor goes away.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, could there be something that is making him nervous/worried/scared.? A new or unusual noise or noise outside?Petting wouldn't stop him if it was blood sugar or tremor-unless it's possibly similar to head tremor.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Poor baby. I agree with [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION], he is probably scared/nervous of something.

OP
Jlambe

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
i dunno, the first time happened when i got out of the shower and the other time was right before i was fixing to feed him

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Excitement/anticipation? Start writing down when it happens-and if petting always stops it. I have aPyrenees who shivers with excitement when I go out because she knows I have dog biscuits for her.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I totally agree with Lynn. It could be nervousness, or excitement. If petting him stops it, then maybe if he's nervous a thunder shirt or similar t-shirt might help him. I would watch him, and document when it happens, and take a video if you can.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When this is happening.... what position are his ears (normal, tacked back/down) ?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.