shedding

princess

Jan 11, 2014
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
princess
Hello guys, I need some info from u guys. I have a 6 month pup I got her about a month ago she was healthy, but now shes shedding like crazy and shes going bald, I feed her blue buffalo just like the breeder used to do. I think shes allergic to the shampoo espree made by oatmeal and baking soda. Can some help my poor baby I hate to.see her in pain. Heres a pic of her back 20140111_132528.jpg

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
My cash had a bad case of dermititis when he was a little over six months old. I took him to the vet and he was put on steroids.Sometimes their immune system cant fight these things off and u will begin to see bald spots appear. The vet also gave us some medical shampoo to bath in and this helped. After a couple baths in shampoo u can tell a difference. The shampoo is called Malaseb and contains 2% chlorhexidine gluconate & 2%miconazole nitrate. I use only this shampoo when i bath my bully and swear by it. It is not cheap but worth to break down and get a good medicated shampoo ive found. Hope this helps. The food could also have something to do with the hair loss as well, so if the shampoo dont work i would look into a better grade of food. keep us updated on her progress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

kristimorrill

Aug 10, 2013
san diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie, Daisy and George
Besides malaseb shampoo another really good one is pyoben by virbac which you can get on amazon much cheaper than the vets! Both are great and we use both. Dont use an oatmeal shampoo as they can irritate the skin on bullys. I would also get off of blue buffalo...much better foods out there. Add salmon oil to their dinner too...great for their skin and coat!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It could be the food, but it also could be mange. I would take her to the vet to be checked. The vet can do a scrape to check for mange, and if it's not mange then I would change her food.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Very visit in order.... Agree with others, could be so e type of infection or like David stated, a level of mange

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
This looks worse than just shedding, I think as everyone else has stated a vet visit is in order.

OP
P

princess

Jan 11, 2014
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
princess
Thanks for the input guys, I was gona take her to the vet today but every vet I called dont do walk ins on saturday, I will take her on monday amd I hope its just the food and not mange or any sort of infections. She ended up cutting her self from scratching, money is not issue I juz want her to feel bettet again

Most Reactions