cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Finn has had a history of tail infections and he just completed his 3rd round of prednisone a couple days ago. The last time he saw the vet was just before Christmas and it was at that time that she recommended that part of his tail be amputated since he's prone to these infections.

After much pondering and researching I decided to schedule his surgery and it will be next Thursday, the 16th. I'm not exactly sure yet how much of his tail will be removed. He has one of those "cinnamon bun" looking tails with lots of folds and I know when he gets an infection it is very uncomfortable and painful for him. I am praying that with this surgery, he will not get these infections anymore which will mean no more steroids and antibiotics like he's been having to take since last September when he got his first infection.
I have to drop him off the night before the surgery and I'm already getting some anxiety attacks thinking about leaving him there. Since I have to work on Thursday it's just the best arrangement b/c he'll need bloodwork the morning of the surgery and all that can be taken care of early in the a.m.

Anyways, I ask that you keep Finn in your thoughts and prayers as Thursday approaches. I know he will be in good hands as I trust my vet very much, but this is still a very anxious and worrisome time for me. Thank-you.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Ohhhhh nooooo. Henny I didn't realize that his infections were so reoccurring. Guess I never really noticed how bunned his tail was when I saw him. He, and you, will so be in my thoughts and prayers. Give that boy a smoochy kiss from his Auntie Jeannie.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Will do Henny. Keeping both you and Finn in our thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hugs, prayer, positive thoughts, good vibes and everything crossed for you and your baby Finn!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Henny, I'm so sorry that Finn is having these recurrent infections… poor baby!!! Of course I'm sending prayers, good vibes, and lots of hugs to you & the boys!!! Good luck & please keep us posted… :hug2:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Henny, I'm so sorry you and Finn are going through this, and I know the worry when our babies have to go through surgery. I'm glad you have a vet you trust, and that Finn will be in good hands. Sending you both love, hugs and prayers that all goes well, with Finn and that the surgery gives him relief from recurrent infections, and he can stop having to take all those awful medications. Keeping you and Finn in my thoughts and prayers. I'll check in on his surgery day, to read your updates. Please keep us posted. Take care Hun.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You're all in my thoughts, hope all goes well. I've heard that most get really good resultls with this surgery when it's needed.:hug:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Henny you know I will be with you and Finn in my thoughts and prayers on Thursday just keep me in touch with how everything is going.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Henny...will keep you, Finn & Tate in my prayers and ask GOD to take
special care of Finn during his surgery. Sending hugs of comfort & love.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Praying and praying for Finn that his surgery goes well. I know that if it cannot be managed, those who have had it done have been very happy with the results (like [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] 's Vegas), so Finn will be so much more comfortable once he has healed. Prayers and hugs being sent :hug:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Awe poor Finn, I know you've made the right decision Henny and it's the best thing for him. You and Finn will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.