aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i think its her right shoulder as she hurries back to the left front paw while walking. its been a week since i first noticed. Lola still puts weight on it, and i don't know if its getting worse but not going away either. it might have started when we let play with a balloon in the living room. i try to pick her up onto the bed and couch but she almost always jumps before i can get her. i just want her to rest!!! so i can see if it goes away, but so far, not really resting. so how long do i wait until i take her in for an x ray. i really hate to have to put her under, but i see her favoring her one arm and i don't want her to be in pain. should i try to get a video tomorrow???

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can you crate her, or gate her I. A room where she can not jump? Just for like three days?

OP
aprilemari

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Can you crate her, or gate her I. A room where she can not jump? Just for like three days?

yes we can crate her, except my husband thinks its unfair to Lola (she was crate trained but earned free roam of the house) i'm home all weekend I'll try to keep her down.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yes we can crate her, except my husband thinks its unfair to Lola (she was crate trained but earned free roam of the house) i'm home all weekend I'll try to keep her down.

if you can rest her for the weekend and see has she is on Monday.... If still limping, I'd take her in for a check.

GOOD LUCK!!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh no! At our old townhouse, my bf, Stig and I would all sleep in the living room occasionally. We had a mattress on the floor. Maybe do something like that for the weekend so she won't jump on your bed?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with above comments, try and keep her crated somewhat, and quiet as best you can to see if she improves, and if she's not any better by Monday, take her to the vet to get it checked out. I hope it's nothing serious, and improves, and she feels better soon. Sending love, hugs and prayers to you and Lola. Please keep us posted on how she's doing. I'll check in later for updates.

OP
aprilemari

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
uploadfromtaptalk1389459066690.jpg Lola is pouting, and so is hubby.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She's so cute, hopefully the rest will help her.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hoping Lola is doing better. The crating is only temporary and will help since she really shouldn't be too active right now. I know it's hard though! Thinking of you guys and let us know how she's doing today when you get a chance.

OP
aprilemari

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
one day down, she only got in about 3 couch jumps on and off compared to about 50 on a normal day. she is limping just a bit but less time spent on it made it seem less aggravated. she slept on the couch a bit this evening...uploadfromtaptalk1389494819464.jpg

will take it easy tomorrow as well!! thanks for the good thoughts

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I hope she keeps getting better, sounds like she has made progress already. :hug:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Glad to hear she is improving... The pic of her in the crate is adorable, but wow i wanted to let her out --- she face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Just checking to see if Lola is doing any better? Miss Tallulah's left shoulder was affected after she tried to chase a bunny in the yard ( first and last attempt) and she kept limping so I finally took her to the vet after a few days. When it looked like it wasn't getting any better. He was cautious and did lots of manual tests preferring not to X-ray unless as a last resort. He determined it was a shoulder muscle because she was limping but didn't hold her left paw up when standing which meant likely shoulder and not elbow. I bought some stairs for the bed and lured her with treats up and down so that ended the continuous impact on the body from jumping down and it made a big difference, plus I know in the long run it is will be helpful as she and Buster get older. My vet is also pretty holistic and he suggested I might want to consider laser treatments. Not too expensive and after 2 weeks of 3 times per week the difference was noticeable. Plus Miss Tallulah seemed to totally relax during treatments as if it felt good. Her limp improved dramatically. She still occasionally limps first thing in the morning but the vet said that is not a bad thing if it is only in the morning because it meant she is just still a little stiff and the actual healing takes a long time. He is also not one to recommend painkillers in a case like this because he says it masks any pain they might be feeling and then they do silly things like run and jump.
If Lola is sad in her crate you might want to treat her occasionally when she is resting quietly ( not when she is pouting) so she know she is being a good girl and not being corrected for bad things. Just some thoughts. Buster and Miss Tallulah send Lola bully butt wiggles and kisses and hope she feels better real soon.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.