OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks everyone, appreciate your responses.

So my vet called. She said they don't typically induce vomiting for this, and said to give him lots of bread and pumpkin to help it pass.
She said to just keep an eye on him and if he start vomiting, to take him right in. She also said because it's small and smooth, it shouldn't cause problems if it stays in the stomach for awhile. Something about it becomes dangerous if it's in the small intestine.

Either way, just like all of you said, watch him.

Again, thanks so much for your responses, you guys are the best!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, yes I have dealt with swallowed socks on 4 different occasions with Dozer, the first 3 times, I didn't even know he had swallowed them, but the last time I knew he had, and so I remembered that peroxide could be used to induce vomiting, but was nervous about doing this at home. I called the emergency vet clinic, and was given the same advice as what the above members have already given you, they told me that inducing vomiting can cause nota only aspiration, but there is also a danger of choking on the object when they vomit. They didn't recommend we do this. I would just watch him for signs of obstruction, such as vomiting, diarrhea, drooling water from the mouth, and lethargic behaviour. Dozer ate, drank, played and behaved like normal after swallowing the socks. He always passed them by either vomiting or pooping them out. It usually takes about a week for the object to pass, luckily for you he swallowed a smaller object, and one that is soft and round, so should pass out without any problems. The last sock that I knew Dozer had swallowed, I watched him everyday, and checked his poop everyday for 2 weeks, but he didn't pass anything. The day before we were moving to our new house, he threw up the sock in his crate at 5:30 in the morning. That was a month after he had swallowed it, and the entire time he didn't show any signs. Just watch Blue, look for the signs of obstruction, be a poop CSI agent, until he passes it. If he shows any signs of illness, obstruction, or difficulty of any kind, then take him to the vets. Sending love, hugs, and prayers that he is okay, and passes the piece of toy soon. Please keep us posted.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks everyone, appreciate your responses.

So my vet called. She said they don't typically induce vomiting for this, and said to give him lots of bread and pumpkin to help it pass.
She said to just keep an eye on him and if he start vomiting, to take him right in. She also said because it's small and smooth, it shouldn't cause problems if it stays in the stomach for awhile. Something about it becomes dangerous if it's in the small intestine.

Hun...I missed this, so sorry...praying over him and for you...'O the worry!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi hun xx hows Your baby today? Xx

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I really cant help you here but just want you to know II am sending prayers your way all is fine

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Update on Blue? Hoping he is doing okay.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh gosh, just seeing this. I was going to say don't induce vomiting too has something that size they could choke on it. It took Emma 5 full day to pass that 3"x1" nylon hard piece of toy. I was on constant poop patrol too watching for it. Hoping that blue can pass it normally. Now if you should be following him on your poop patrol and he squats and starts to squeek, don't giggle until it's out. lol No seriously, I'll be thinking of Blue!!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I hope blue is on his way to being squeek free.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
How is Mr. Blue?

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Hi guys. Thanks for all the well wishes for my little monkey

So, after all the pumpkin and bread, he's turned into a little poop machine, but the squeaker still hasn't passed.
Since he's doing fine otherwise, I'm trying not to worry.

Thanks again everyone. Will keep you guys updated.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

So, after all the pumpkin and bread, he's turned into a little poop machine, but the squeaker still hasn't passed.

Thats good news that he's acting normal and pooping. I so hope you get it soon, I would have reacted exactly the same as you did! Thanks for letting us know, a big hug to Sir Blueberry from me!! ;)

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Oh gosh, just seeing this. I was going to say don't induce vomiting too has something that size they could choke on it. It took Emma 5 full day to pass that 3"x1" nylon hard piece of toy. I was on constant poop patrol too watching for it. Hoping that blue can pass it normally. Now if you should be following him on your poop patrol and he squats and starts to squeek, don't giggle until it's out. lol No seriously, I'll be thinking of Blue!!!!
So funny! I hope little Blue will be OK! My friend's bullmastiff was found with a mouse tail hanging out of the side of her mouth. When my friend said "Gracie! Drop it!", Gracie turned, gulped, and swallowed it whole. They're like goats! My boxer used to love to eat crayons. The fluorescent ones made him poop rainbows!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack

Dang it, I was really hoping he would have played the trumpet today. Here's the article that has what Emma swallowed. Scroll down to the bottom under members stories. I was stunned she pooped that out. :bigeyes:

The Dangers When Dogs Swallow Foreign Objects!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.