The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HELP

@ddnene Blue sounds like Bella. This is the second time he's swallowed something he shouldn't have, and he's only one!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    @ddnene Blue sounds like Bella. This is the second time he's swallowed something he shouldn't have, and he's only one!
    My hubby & I were just laughing about all the crazy things that Ms. Bella did… she didn't eat NON food objects though. I guess in the wild she could possibly eat a bird, and the vet told me that Bella could smell the starfish in those decorative things. She was such a hot mess… LOL

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    Thanks everyone.

His vet hasn't called back yet -but he's acting normal so I guess I'm just going to watch him for the next few days. Should I be concerned if he's fine but doesn't pass it right away? I mean how long is it acceptable to wait?
    @brutus77 yep! I have the number of the nearest 24/7 emergency vet clinic here. Hoping I never need to use it though.
    I hope not too but with these babie it is good to Have handy. I would keep calling the vet until someone answers you.
    My smooshy face boy!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Just found this post. Ruggles had a Beanie Baby in and out of his stomach for a month. He would barf it up and eat it again at night, so I wasn't sure what it was. Finally he puked it up, it was early morning light but I clearly saw "Wormy". Of course he had eaten again by the time I got outside, so I woke up his vet in the wee morning hours and took him in for a forced puke.

Mack had eaten a piece of a Humunga Tongue toy. He had the runs during the night and the next day and pooped out several pieces of the toy. With what I had fished out of his mouth I thought I had it all. It ended up with Mack getting a colon resection over a year later. There was a piece he couldn't pass, it stayed in his colon and rotted a few inches of his colon. He ate, pooped, went on walks, played--all normal until he started puking everything up, couldn't keep anything down. This was 9 months after he ate the toy. Took him to the vet, x-rays, barium, etc. nothing showed up. They chalked it up to a sensitive stomach. 3&1/2 months later he started puking everything again, repeated all tests and the foreign matter had corroded enough that the barium picked it up. He had the surgery. He was 3 and a real trooper. If we would have had a forced puke done right away when he ate part of the toy we would have saved him pain and us worry and money. Mack passed on when he was 9 years old. @Blueberrys Mom

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

As a bartender, my hands are always wet and get very dry. I bought those little white cotton gloves and some Aquafina (kind of like vasaline) for when I went to bed to help moisturize them. I had a bad habit of pulling them off in my sleep and not knowing it. About 3 years ago, I woke up with no gloves, no big deal right?? I looked all over for the other one glove that was lost in bed somewhere, not to be found. 3 Days later, Vegas starts hurling in the living room, out comes my glove I had NO idea he had ate it!!! Not only did he throw up the glove he spent the next 3 days with severe diarrhea due to all the lotion he had in his system!! Thank Gawd he threw it up, because I would have had NO idea what was wrong with him. I tell you these bully's certainly keep us on our toes!! lol, just keep poop watch, I bet it will pass, prayers that it will!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I think the sock incident was Monica? Sheena was the underwear if I'm correct?!! Christine dealt w/the rock… Good Grief!!!
    Lmao!! It was me... Ive had the panties, sock, dishrag, head band.... Shes a goat!!! lol Well the peroxide worked great the first two times. But she like got immuned to it. So I just had to keep an eye on her. It was 5 to 7 days before she puked them up. I hope he can puke it up soon. Any questions feel free to ask

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone, appreciate your responses.

So my vet called. She said they don't typically induce vomiting for this, and said to give him lots of bread and pumpkin to help it pass.
    She said to just keep an eye on him and if he start vomiting, to take him right in. She also said because it's small and smooth, it shouldn't cause problems if it stays in the stomach for awhile. Something about it becomes dangerous if it's in the small intestine.

Either way, just like all of you said, watch him.

Again, thanks so much for your responses, you guys are the best!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, yes I have dealt with swallowed socks on 4 different occasions with Dozer, the first 3 times, I didn't even know he had swallowed them, but the last time I knew he had, and so I remembered that peroxide could be used to induce vomiting, but was nervous about doing this at home. I called the emergency vet clinic, and was given the same advice as what the above members have already given you, they told me that inducing vomiting can cause nota only aspiration, but there is also a danger of choking on the object when they vomit. They didn't recommend we do this. I would just watch him for signs of obstruction, such as vomiting, diarrhea, drooling water from the mouth, and lethargic behaviour. Dozer ate, drank, played and behaved like normal after swallowing the socks. He always passed them by either vomiting or pooping them out. It usually takes about a week for the object to pass, luckily for you he swallowed a smaller object, and one that is soft and round, so should pass out without any problems. The last sock that I knew Dozer had swallowed, I watched him everyday, and checked his poop everyday for 2 weeks, but he didn't pass anything. The day before we were moving to our new house, he threw up the sock in his crate at 5:30 in the morning. That was a month after he had swallowed it, and the entire time he didn't show any signs. Just watch Blue, look for the signs of obstruction, be a poop CSI agent, until he passes it. If he shows any signs of illness, obstruction, or difficulty of any kind, then take him to the vets. Sending love, hugs, and prayers that he is okay, and passes the piece of toy soon. Please keep us posted.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Blueberrys Mom;453062]Thanks everyone, appreciate your responses.

So my vet called. She said they don't typically induce vomiting for this, and said to give him lots of bread and pumpkin to help it pass.
    She said to just keep an eye on him and if he start vomiting, to take him right in. She also said because it's small and smooth, it shouldn't cause problems if it stays in the stomach for awhile. Something about it becomes dangerous if it's in the small intestine.

Hun...I missed this, so sorry...praying over him and for you...'O the worry!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hi hun xx hows Your baby today? Xx
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I really cant help you here but just want you to know II am sending prayers your way all is fine

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Update on Blue? Hoping he is doing okay.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads