Diaper Rash

Zachary Guilbault

Dec 29, 2013
Killeen,Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rhino
What do you guys use to prevent them from getting diaper rashes? I have to always wipe my dogs butt, but it bleeds and I know it hurts him.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, again I don't have any experience with this and dogs, but I do have with experience with children, and I know most products that are safe for us humans are also safe for our dogs. I would just keep the area clean and dry, after changing him, and then you could apply a diaper rash cream like Desitin, or Penaten, and you could also use Vaseline as a barrier so his shin doesn't get irritated. Baby powders might help as well.

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You're welcome. Good luck. I think it's easier to prevent or maintain it once it's cleared up.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Desitin and gold bond powder should help heal it up. Also washing with a gentle antibacterial wash several times a day, rinse well then pat dry. Apply desitin and powder after the washing too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
What do you guys use to prevent them from getting diaper rashes? I have to always wipe my dogs butt, but it bleeds and I know it hurts him.

Have you taken your boy to the vet? It seems you are having problems with him that shouldn't be happening. He seems to have a disability, and really needs to see a veterinarian. If so-what was the diagnosis? If not, why not? There may be something that could help him. It does not sound good, as far as his condition improving. If his butt bleeds-he may wind up with infection.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with Monica and Lisa... desitin and goldbond

OP
Zachary Guilbault

Zachary Guilbault

Dec 29, 2013
Killeen,Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rhino
Have you taken your boy to the vet? It seems you are having problems with him that shouldn't be happening. He seems to have a disability, and really needs to see a veterinarian. If so-what was the diagnosis? If not, why not? There may be something that could help him. It does not sound good, as far as his condition improving. If his butt bleeds-he may wind up with infection.

They did not diagnosis him with anything they just said it may be nerve damage, he can not hold his poop in. We are thinking about getting a second opinion at Texas A&M University Vet Hospital.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I admire you for that. Maybe there is something they can do to help the poor baby. I hope so.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.