Thread: Has anyone experienced giving their bully comfortis and ivermectin? Did they have any negative side affects?

Bulldog(s) Names
    BUGZY
    Likes (Received)

Post Has anyone experienced giving their bully comfortis and ivermectin? Did they have any negative side affects?

I give my bully comfortis every 24th day of the month but today i was prescribed ivermectin 1% orally, i read online you shouldnt mix the 2 meds, am not sure how safe it is, i do want my bully to get better but am scared itll hurt him, the dr didnt ask me what flea treatment he was on so should i assume its ok to give???

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Has anyone experienced giving their bully comfortis and ivermectin? Did they have any negative side affects?

If you are nervous about it, you should call your vet in the morning and express your concerns. Hopefully someone here has more advice, I have never dealt with Mange, just my share of fungus/yeast!

I also moved this topic to the "Your Bulldog's Health" forum. It will probably be seen more in that forum.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Has anyone experienced giving their bully comfortis and ivermectin? Did they have any negative side affects?

Oh also ivermectin will kill fleas too, so you should not need to give any (more) flea treatments while on ivermectin.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    BUGZY
    Likes (Received)

thanks! i was so caught up in my worry with bugzy that didnt realize the obvious that ivermectin also kills fleas so i will also ask if its necessary for me to give it to bugzy when his due since he will still be under that medicine..thanks

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

No help here either but I agree, call the vets office and see what they say.

Bulldog(s) Names
    BUGZY
    Likes (Received)

hi so am waiting on the vets office to call me back because at their office they do not sell comfortis so they do not know what the active ingredients are...

Bulldog(s) Names
    BUGZY
    Likes (Received)

So incase anyone needs to know or finds themselves with the same issue...the vet said no to hold off on giving his meds until comfortis is out of his system...also ivermectin does not kill fleas so you still need to find an alternative to flea prevention treatment...hope it helps anyone!

Remove Ads