Has anyone experienced giving their bully comfortis and ivermectin? Did they have any negative side affects?

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
I give my bully comfortis every 24th day of the month but today i was prescribed ivermectin 1% orally, i read online you shouldnt mix the 2 meds, am not sure how safe it is, i do want my bully to get better but am scared itll hurt him, the dr didnt ask me what flea treatment he was on so should i assume its ok to give???:confused:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If you are nervous about it, you should call your vet in the morning and express your concerns. Hopefully someone here has more advice, I have never dealt with Mange, just my share of fungus/yeast!

I also moved this topic to the "Your Bulldog's Health" forum. It will probably be seen more in that forum. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh also ivermectin will kill fleas too, so you should not need to give any (more) flea treatments while on ivermectin.

OP
NICASFINEST

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
thanks! i was so caught up in my worry with bugzy that didnt realize the obvious that ivermectin also kills fleas so i will also ask if its necessary for me to give it to bugzy when his due since he will still be under that medicine..thanks

OP
NICASFINEST

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
hi so am waiting on the vets office to call me back because at their office they do not sell comfortis so they do not know what the active ingredients are...

OP
NICASFINEST

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
So incase anyone needs to know or finds themselves with the same issue...the vet said no to hold off on giving his meds until comfortis is out of his system...also ivermectin does not kill fleas so you still need to find an alternative to flea prevention treatment...hope it helps anyone!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.