General Question Pimples or Sores?

Utley

Jul 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Utley and Bella
Utley has either pimples or sores under his chin and on his lip. I have noticed he gets these every now and then after he has had his never ending treat. It's a round toy that holds a big treat in it. These pimples or sores come I think from him rubbing his chin and face when he has this toy (not an allergic reaction). This time they are pretty bad though. Is there anything I can put on it to help clear it up? He sometimes get's cracked lips to. Is there anything to put on his lips to prevent them from getting chapped, or once they are chapped?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I think you can clean off the areas and apply polysporin on it.

The cracked lips, I'm not too sure about. You can put aquaphor on it, but I'm guessing Utley will only lick it off.

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
Coconut oil would be good for the dry lips but he'll probably lick it off. I give a little to hulk daily as a treat and use it on his nose or any area on him that looks dry or irritated.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Try to keep his chin dry and clean after eating or drinking. Not easy to do but even just once a day can help a lot!! Like using a napkin to get food off our faces. I usually just use a nice warm wet cloth and dry with a towel.

It may also help with the chapped lips but using snout soother would probably help there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.