Lucy is sick

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
My little Lucy has had diarrhea a couple times Christmas eve but was gone the next day well last night it all started again all night long and has continued through the day today. She already looks skinnier because it has been several times an hour so I am giving her water and started the bland diet. She also has started vomiting the past couple hours so I have called the vet and I am waiting for a call back to see if I need to bring her in. Does anyone else have any ideas what I can do that I haven't already started?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Jenni... Anything change? Possibility of her having eaten something she shouldn't have?

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
She gets into the garbage sometimes but I never seen her yesterday or last night ever get into it. I keep the floor spotless because bullies eat everything so Im not sure where she would have found something.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh no, doesn't sound good. If she looks like she lost weight already she may be dehydrated from the vomiting. Vomiting a lot is a sign of trying to get something out of the body, so obstruction or eating something bad (food poisoning) is a high possibility.

Is she still vomiting? Can she hold anything down?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Jenni, I was going to ask the same question, is there a chance she could have eaten something you don't know about? My Dozer has eaten sweat socks 4 times, and a dishcloth, and he starts with diarrhea, then vomiting, and drooling water from his mouth, and then he gets lethargic. These are signs of an obstruction, we've been lucky so far that he's always been able to pass it by either throwing it up, or pooping it out. The second time he swallowed a sock, he got pretty sick, and we took him to the vet, she gave him an X-ray, examined his stomach, by feeling it, and listening to his stomach, gave him IV fluids, pain medications, and a laxative. She sent us home with some high fibre food, and he was able to pass it. We thought he was going to have surgery. I would take him to the vet, and have him checked out, to make sure he's okay and not in any danger, and then continue to watch him, and watch his poops to see if he passes anything. It can take up to a week for them to pass ingested items. The last sock Dozer swallowed, I knew he had, he didn't show any signs or symptoms of being sick, I watched his poops for 2 weeks and found nothing, and exactly a month later, he threw it up. I hope he is okay, and he feels better soon. Please keep us posted.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She gets into the garbage sometimes but I never seen her yesterday or last night ever get into it. I keep the floor spotless because bullies eat everything so Im not sure where she would have found something.

Banks recently ate a stone and we had no idea until her behavior changed... They are fast and sneaky buggers

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Oh no, doesn't sound good. If she looks like she lost weight already she may be dehydrated from the vomiting. Vomiting a lot is a sign of trying to get something out of the body, so obstruction or eating something bad (food poisoning) is a high possibility.

Is she still vomiting? Can she hold anything down?

She is drinking water and holding it down. I called her vet and they can't get her in today but they do have an urgent care that is open 24/7 I can take her too and I just may have to do that if not they put me down for 9am tomorrow. They also told me to hold her food and if she is already losing weight how am I supposed to hold her food? I told them I was doing the bland diet and they do not agree with giving a dog "table food."

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I just gave her another bath and some water so far that has stayed down and now she is laying on her pillow sleeping. She is acting pretty normal for her other than pooping and vomiting which seems to have slowed down. She is not acting sick but then again bullies never do. Hubby comes home between 6 and 7 tonight which is in three hours and if she is still sick he is going to take her in so I don't have to lift her or try walking her.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just gave her another bath and some water so far that has stayed down and now she is laying on her pillow sleeping. She is acting pretty normal for her other than pooping and vomiting which seems to have slowed down. She is not acting sick but then again bullies never do. Hubby comes home between 6 and 7 tonight which is in three hours and if she is still sick he is going to take her in so I don't have to lift her or try walking her.

I would take her in tonight, feeling better or not, you should have her checked out sooner rather than later

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor girl, she may just have a bug, and hopefully it is about over, just keep an eye on her and if she is still vomiting by the time your hubby gets home I would take her in. Hope she gets better soon.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I think we are going to take her in tonight as soon as hubby gets home. I think she got into something or maybe she has a virus or something. Im wondering if someone gave her something even if it was a treat. We live on the second floor but the first floor is half under ground so we are not that high up so when I put her out to go potty the kids around here always come up to her and let her lick them and a few adults that live here come and pet her as well so hopefully they didn't give her anything but thats the only thing I can think of other than maybe she got into the garbage.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I hope it is nothing too serious Ftse was sick in Nov same symptoms and it was a tummy bug but I was so worried he had an obstruction took him to the vets they couldn't feel anything run blood tests etc gave him a needle and some meds wit a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice but only small amounts 4 times daily for five days and he came good so it was just a bug with him but I would seek vet advice

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
No other signs such as a runny nose? Maybe something the dog ate or if a runny nose and vomiting mucus it could be a respiratory problem. Hope she feels better soon

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I really hope it's ok. My thoughts are with you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online