Im sure this has been discussed. Sorry

tgg1304

Dec 10, 2010
Im new here and was unable to find a thread about pet insurance. is there any insurance companies that are actually worth while? Im planning on buying a bully in march and im just planning ahead. please tell me your experience with insurance companies and which are reliable. thank you.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Dont apologize for bringing up any subject, at some point everything has been discussed but we are getting new members everyday with new experiences who have things to share. I personally dont have any but I know [MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] does and I think [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] does also. I know there are more but those are off the top of my head. Also you can type in any search ideas in the top right hand box on the page and it will bring up past conversations also if that helps any.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Never be sorry for posting something!!! Welcome to the board, hopefully you'll stick around. this is a great source and support board for old and new bully owners.

I know you'll find your answers about insurance. I don't know but I know alot on here do.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Don't be shy, if you have a question ask! You don't have to be sorry :)

I have VPI for Samson and have since I first got him, I have the major medical plan with the routine care rider. It's always been great for me and I've used it ALOT. I actually calculated it recently and they have reimbursed me more than I have ever paid in premiums. So I'd say if you use it alot it is totally worth it and when you have a bully theres is a chance you'll be at the vet alot. Hopefully not though, I wish we that we haven't had so many issues.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
we dont have pet insurance but we do have care credit, there is a thread on it

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I have Trupanion insurance for my Little Bertie. The company is excellant! It covers Congenital defects and also hip dysplasia. I pay about $45 a month with no deductable and I get reimbursed for 90%. It doesn't cover vaccines or spay/neuter. I have used it so far for stenotic nare surgery, both eyes cherry eye surgeries, hernia repair surgery, soft pallet reduction surgery, and I had my check from them within a week and a half. They have no maximum caps at all.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
If your dog is AKC you need to transfer the papers to yourself. When you do that you get 60 days of free insurance thru the AKC. That at least gives you coverage while you decide on a company to go with.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
[MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION] that sounds amazing! i gave up on pet insurance because last time i researched it, everyone put caps on all the things bullies are prone to suffer from. i thought i'd be better off throwing $ in a savings account every month until something came up. i just found out my employer offers pet insurance through united healthcare, i'm gonna have to look into that too. so far my butler has been a healthy guy aside from his valley fever.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.