Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awww look at his sweet face! Please let us know how the appointment goes. If he is hacking/throwing up it could be boardatella/kennel cough... kinda sounds like that. Is the boogers in the nose thick or just runny wet? Hopefully it is not too serious. Is he eating and drinking okay?

OP
JaclynCupcakes

JaclynCupcakes

Dec 7, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Weezy
They are more runny wet. He keeps blowing them all over me lol. His ears are also really warm. Is that a sign of a fever?

OP
JaclynCupcakes

JaclynCupcakes

Dec 7, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Weezy
Thank you guys! I agree! He is just to cute!! He listens wonderfully too. But he is already showing his stubburn side about some things (he looked at me this morning when i was taking him out like "Your really going to make me go out in this snow arnt you" lol). He is pretty good at going poo outside but hasnt really mastered holding pee yet. And he just loves to cuddle! He hasnt gotten off my lap yet. He eats and drinks good too. I just feel so bad that he is sick :( I wish I knew what I could do why we wait to go to the vet.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If he is eating and drinking that is a good sign. :) If they are really bad sick, they won't.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I surely hope there is nothing seriously wrong. He is such a darling. Just keep cuddling and please check in when you get back from the vet. Oh,, and Welcome!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Such a kissable face! Hopefully it's nothing too serious and only just a cold. Please keep us posted! :pray:

OP
JaclynCupcakes

JaclynCupcakes

Dec 7, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Weezy
Well were back from the vet. I found out Weezy has a heart murmur. The vet put it about a 2 with 4 being the worst. The vet said there is a chance he may grow out of it. I sure hope so. :(
I have a feeling the lady who sold him to us knew about this too. She never said anything but he was fairly cheap for a bully. He was 750 and his sister was 2000. I should have realized it then that something was probably wrong with him but I just figured it was because I wasnt buying the breeding rights to him and because his nose is more squished in then the other puppies.
Well I am not planning on returining him or anything like that. I love him and will continue to love him and take care of him as much as I can. Please if anyone else has had this happen and know of anything I can do please let me know.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
How long does your vet think it will take for him to grow out of it, if he does? Do you have to take him in for check-ups on it regularly? I don't know anything about heart murmur's in dogs, but I know babies can grow out of it. You thought he was cheaper because you did not buy breeding rights and you say his nose is more squished in than the other's? When I saw his picture I thought to myself he had a longer nose than most! Vegas does not even have any sort of bridge to his nose. I think your right though about the breeder knowing, why would she ask so much less than his sister?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
OK never mind what I said about his nose looking longer than most, I just went through Vegas's baby pics (I adopted him at 4 months) and his nose is exactly the same as Weezy's, lol. When did Vegas's nose just suck into his face????? :lol:

OP
JaclynCupcakes

JaclynCupcakes

Dec 7, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Weezy
About the "cold"-no real signs of anything. temp good, ears clean, a little buildup of mucus in the eyes, and a little sneezing. did put him on meds just incase.

About the Murmur-he said by about 6-8 months we should really know whats going on with him. I have to take him in for his shot here soon and the vet will look again and said we would go from there.

I asked the breeder about him and she said she just went to the vet on Saturday and said the vet didnt say anything. I dont know though. Oh well I guess.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Do you have a health guarantee with the breeder? It is odd that she let him go for a lesser price. But let's think positive and take care of your new pup first. (hug)Not too sure what to do with a heart murmur. Did the vet give you a schedule on when to visit next and what to do and not to do? Don't hesitate to call him/her if you have any questions. My vet encourages phone calls. And please don't hesitate to ask quesitons here. Most of the time, someone's online to help you! I'm glad Weezy found such a caring mom. I can tell you've already found out why we're so passionate about bullies here! :luv:

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.