Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Owner Needs Help!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Owner Needs Help!!

First of all Welcome and I'm glad you found this board. Weezy is precious and I hope he feels better soon.

From what i've seen less for a bully means health problems, not necessarily breeding/showing rights, the differences in price i've seen on those is around $500. My vet told me specifically to be careful of cheaper bullies because of health issues but if he is from the same litter as more expensive puppies, the breeder must have known about the murmur.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Hope you got good news at the vet. Did the breeder give you a health gaurantee? I'm surprised that the breeder would send you home with a puppy they thought was sick.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

good luck with weezy hope he grows out of the heart mummer.. please keep us updated on his progress

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

I'm so glad that his cold symptoms aren't bad... just keep an eye on it so it doesn't progress into pneumonia. As for the heart mur-mur... there are LOTS of human infants born with mur-murs also and they grow out of them without a problem.

You are a very good bullie parent for finding out as much info as possible. Please keep us posted on Wheezy... and lots pf pictures aren't a bad idea either.
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Every thing will work out,,,, I'm sure of it. Now for the important thing... WE NEE MORE PIX!!!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Weezy
    Likes (Received)

I will get more pics up soon.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ziggy & Cayenne & Midas
    Likes (Received)

First congrats on your new baby. I have some experience with heart murmurs as when I brought my bulldog puppy to the vet he had a heart murmur as well. I took him to a Cardiologist as my regular vet informed me that the only way to tell what kind of murmur it is is with an echocardiogram. You cannot tell from the sound or severity of the murmur whether it is a harmless murmur that he will outgrow or not. It turned out my Midas has mild-moderate pulmonic stenosis. So in my case the murmur will not go away but according to the Cardiologist as long as it does not get any worse than it is right now he will be fine. If it does get worse he will need an operation called Balloon valvuloplasty which will help open up the hole leading from his heart to his lung..kinda like an angioplasty on people. Luckily I did purchase him from a
    WONDERFUL breeder who as soon as I notified her refunded my money right away and gave me the option of returning him or keeping him...my choice..so of course I kept him.

His condition hasn't slowed him down at all. He is now 8 months old and weighs 59lbs...

Connie & Midas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -100_5151-jpg  

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Connie03062 View Post
    First congrats on your new baby. I have some experience with heart murmurs as when I brought my bulldog puppy to the vet he had a heart murmur as well. I took him to a Cardiologist as my regular vet informed me that the only way to tell what kind of murmur it is is with an echocardiogram. You cannot tell from the sound or severity of the murmur whether it is a harmless murmur that he will outgrow or not. It turned out my Midas has mild-moderate pulmonic stenosis. So in my case the murmur will not go away but according to the Cardiologist as long as it does not get any worse than it is right now he will be fine. If it does get worse he will need an operation called Balloon valvuloplasty which will help open up the hole leading from his heart to his lung..kinda like an angioplasty on people. Luckily I did purchase him from a
    WONDERFUL breeder who as soon as I notified her refunded my money right away and gave me the option of returning him or keeping him...my choice..so of course I kept him.

His condition hasn't slowed him down at all. He is now 8 months old and weighs 59lbs...

Connie & Midas
    What a cutie you have there also! Thanks for sharing that story, it is nice to have a little of every perspective on this site! Glad your baby is doing good also.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

obviously this scum breeder is after $$$$ not betterment of the breed.

i hope your baby gets better!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads