New Owner Needs Help!!

JaclynCupcakes

Dec 7, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Weezy
Hello I just got my puppy, Weezy, last night. The breeder said he may be getting a cold. He keeps like blowing his nose and coughing up what seems like phlegm. Because I just got him yesterday Im not sure if this is normal for him or not. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Not normal, take him to the vet as soon as you can!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
That's exactly what I was thinking not normal, plus just the fact that you just Weezy, he needs just an overall check up.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
And I have to say this.... but WHY ON EARTH would the breeder let you take a puppy home that they suspect may be "getting a cold" ???? This upsets me on so many levels!

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Yes why would they let you bring him home... There could be a number of things wrong with him.. Good luck and keep us posted on what the vet says..

OP
JaclynCupcakes

JaclynCupcakes

Dec 7, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Weezy
Well atleast I have him now and can take proper care of him. I didnt really think this was normal but because he is my first bully I wasnt sure. I am calling the vet now.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
And I have to say this.... but WHY ON EARTH would the breeder let you take a puppy home that they suspect may be "getting a cold" ???? This upsets me on so many levels!

I was thinking the same thing. Get to vet as asap and let us know what they say. Do you have a good bully vet near you by chance? Here is a list of recommended vets if you dont know of one personally, hopefully there is one in your area.
English Bulldog Veterinarians-Veteranarians

OP
JaclynCupcakes

JaclynCupcakes

Dec 7, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Weezy
Appointment set for 2:45 today. Wish it was sooner. I live in Salem Ohio and we have quite a few amazing vets in town. I am taking him to the one my boyfriend's parents take their pitbulls to. He always does an amazing job with them and seems to know alot about them. Hopefully he will be as good with Bullys. If not I know of another lady in town who has a bulldog herself so Im sure she knows alot of what their needs are. I just hope my little Weezy will be ok.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Me too! Either way you should have your new pup checked out no matter what but being sick isnt a good way to start with your little one thats for sure. Hopefully it isnt anything too serious. Let us know what they say please. In the meantime we would love to see pics and get more details on your new baby.

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Did you get his shot records.....wondering if he got all his shots.... good luck and welcome to the site....

OP
JaclynCupcakes

JaclynCupcakes

Dec 7, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Weezy
The breeder said that he has had two of his shots and wormer. He is due for another shot soon.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
How old is he? Just curious. My boys get sick here and there but have never had any kind of a cold like you describe. They may throw up here and there but that is the extent of their sicknesses, never wheezy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.