General Question Licking the top of his nose

freebeans

May 1, 2013
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
duke
I wanted to attach the small video I took of Duke doing this, but that seems to be a challenge for me. Sometimes Duke licks his nose or trying to very fast. It is very annoying, but does anyone else's bullie do this? I hope I am explaining it correctly- maybe if I figure out how to send the clip. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sometimes if my girl has an itch, she can not reach-she licks her nose-like she is in a hurry,licking it! She was doing that one day, and she needed her "girly parts" cleaned. I used a baby wipe and cleaned her. She was happy, and no more licking like that. Now she just backs up to me, to clean her! She does not have a tail pocket, but if your dog does-it may itch-or need to be cleaned. Bullies can't reach alot of spots that other dogs can. Or some dogs have "compulsive" episodes. I don't know if your dog does this very often as a habit?
I heard that you have to put the video on utube first. I don't "do" videos!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Bullies and dogs in general like to keep their noses wet as well so some of it may be trying to keep it moist. Or as [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] has said he could also have an itch that he can't get to and needs help.

OP
freebeans

freebeans

May 1, 2013
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
duke
Awesome, all things I thought of. I did figure out how to post the video, but where I posted it I am not sure. I amnot computer savy:unsure:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah, the ever loving of 'licking air'.... it is an OCD think, our Nitschke did it ofr hours on end, drove me insane, but I think it is just something they do to pass the time

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.