Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
She just started it last night. I read the articles and I see in most cases it just happens and its nothing to worry bout for the most part. But its still scary. She is still responsive and will get up when I call her. And its only when she is napping. How do you all deal with it? It hurt me seeing her doing it. Will she always have it? Will I get use to it?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas has done this 4-5 times, always when he is extra nervous/excited. What I have found is to distract, treat, toy etc.... ALWAYS scares the crap out of me, he did it twice at the vets because he was nervous and our vet actually seen him do it. Our vet just distracted him and he was fine. I think it is just "another bully thing" but it is scary!!!...........And NO I have not gotten used to it, still scares the crap out of me when he does it, even though I know it will be OK!! :heartsign:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry, I have no experience with this, I just wanted to say I'm sorry this is happening to Daisy. It must be very worrisome, and scary for you to watch the tremors. I have also read from other members who have experienced this with their bully babies, that it isn't dangerous, and it's something that happens. Have you had her checked out at the vets, to make sure it's just routine tremors, and to rule out epilepsy? I'm sure someone with experience with this will be along soon to offer suggestions, advice and information. Just wanted to send you and Daisy love, hugs and prayers that she is okay. Please keep us posted.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't have any experience with this, as none of mine do this, but I have seen it before. Usually you can snap your fingers or offer a treat and they will snap out of it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have been seeing these for over 9 yrs and they still scare me, even knowing they are harmless... Just scary to see.
treats to distract the muscles and they will stop.... Just like Daisy, Banks gets them when napping or overly tired/stress!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm sorry Daisy is going through this. It is super scary when our babies are going through something we have no control over.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chum has them on an average of one every other day. It was so scary at first I was rushing to vets when it first happened. I wasn't an EBN member then so didn't have the benefit of reading the many threads and articles on it. A treat instantly snaps chum out of it...last July after a rabies shot he started doing it 6 times a day for over a month..that was brutal!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I haven't experienced this and it scares me just reading about it...my love hugs and prayers winging their way to you and Miss Daisy!!!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Bogey only did it that one day, but had several episodes. He wasn't feeling well when they started, so I think it was the trigger. ( he had some sort of bacterial infection) has never had another since that day. They are very scary to watch, and my research says that as long as they can be distracted out of them, like with a treat or noise, it is definitely not a seizure and is quite harmless. At least to the bully....to the mom and dad watching, not so sure!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I completely agree, I have seen only two and they still scared me even though I knew what they were. Hopefully she's only temporarily getting them often, I see many cases where they have many in a cluster and they begin to fade, although maybe not completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm so sorry she's having them. I don't see how we can get used to them happening, I just hope they go away. We love Daisy.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh NO… I'm so sorry Sheena. I don't have any experience w/these… just wanted to offer my support. We LOVE Ms. Daisy!!!

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Thanks guys :)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im so sorry about Daisy Sheena ,i dont have any advice but i wanted to wish Daisy possible recovery from it xxx

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
[MENTION=8883]Sheena[/MENTION] how is Daisy now hun? Xxx

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online