Help Needed! i think its an interdigital cyst

Alisha

Dec 26, 2013
Alpharetta, GA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lou Ferrigno
hey guys so Lou has had this little red bump with no hair on the side of his foot... now it looks just like an interdigital cyst, but all the photos i have seen of them, they are inbetween their toes... Lou's is on the side of his foot and a bit higher... if it is infact an interdigital cyst im sure its a food allergy as he developed it around the time he broke out in hives and once we took him off that food the hives were gone... this bump thing hasnt gotten any bigger.... just hanging out on his paw.. i know how to get rid of the interdigital cysts, but before i tried treating it i wanted to see if those cysts could be elsewhere on their feet besides inbetween their toes.

thanks guys :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Interdigital cysts are in between the digits, but it's probably likely a similar affliction. If you could post a picture that would be great. Hope he's okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
picture would help, but as Lisa stated, the interdigital cysts ae between the toes not on the sides

OP
Alisha

Alisha

Dec 26, 2013
Alpharetta, GA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lou Ferrigno
i took Lou to the vet this wekend to get his shots and heartworm test (new to GA where they are high risk) i thought heartworms were the worms they get treated for as babies.. thats how low risk WA was LOL.

Turns out he has a histiocytoma tumor.. needless to say when the word tumor came out my new vets mouth i started crying like a little baby... he reassured me that these ones are nothing to worry about and that it will go away in a couple months.. but if it doesnt then it could be a bigger issue and need surgical removal.. but with it being on the side of his paw it will be difficult to remove.. so im still very scared that the worst will happen...

he is also negative for heartworms phew!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad to hear you found out what it is. I had one if those once and it took ages to go away. Finally I put some malecetic otic on a bunch if cotton and wrapped it on it so it stayed there for the day. That seemed to do the trick as it finally started going down after that. Until I did that it pretty much stayed the same, even with topical treatments. Could have been timing or coincidence though.

OP
Alisha

Alisha

Dec 26, 2013
Alpharetta, GA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lou Ferrigno
Glad to hear you found out what it is. I had one if those once and it took ages to go away. Finally I put some malecetic otic on a bunch if cotton and wrapped it on it so it stayed there for the day. That seemed to do the trick as it finally started going down after that. Until I did that it pretty much stayed the same, even with topical treatments. Could have been timing or coincidence though.

what exactly is malecetic otic? ive never heard of that.. and i would looove to aid in making it go away... just the thought that it could potentially turn into a bad tumor scares me.. just the word tumor is terrifying to me :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.