Update on Boeboe's HD operation, (Femur head and neck excision arthroplasty).

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Any update on Boeboe today? Hope all is well.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I can't wait until you get Boeboe home! Hopefully Bennie won't be too hard on her when he welcomes her home. Did they say if you had to keep her secluded at all?

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] Boeboe is doing well:) I was hoping she'd come home tomorrow but I think they most likely want to keep her till Monday. I think maybe that's best for her anyway... but I miss her:heart:
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] I'm not sure... with Joey they didn't say anything about having her separate from the others but I understand if she can't deal with Bennie right away. We'll take it easy and see how they interact and go from there I think... Bennie is very sweet, and he's got a lot of respect for Boeboe, her will is his law... usually. I guess we'll get the instructions when we pic her up, I've totally forgotten everything from when Joey had her op:ashamed:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe will be so happy to see you!! Im happy to see everything went well.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Good to hear that she is doing well! She will certainly be happy to see you,too!

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe is still doing great, they'll let her go home tomorrow morning:w00t: we have an appointment with Dr Dave who did the op tomorrow at 11am. I can't wait to see her:heart: I'll get her rehab plan then as well, will put it here in case someone else wants to know:).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Boeboe is still doing great, they'll let her go home tomorrow morning:w00t: we have an appointment with Dr Dave who did the op tomorrow at 11am. I can't wait to see her:heart: I'll get her rehab plan then as well, will put it here in case someone else wants to know:).

So happy all went well... please keep us posted and give her but lovin's from all of us!

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I saw on FB that BoeBoe is home! Yay for you and yay for her!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
According to Cheryl's report-Boeboe is home! So happy for you-I'll bet she is a happy camper! Keep on keepin' on, Boeboe!! Recover well!

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
According to Cheryl's report-Boeboe is home! So happy for you-I'll bet she is a happy camper! Keep on keepin' on, Boeboe!! Recover well!

Here is her photo she posted. With the quote "Boeboe is doing great:D she got so happy to see us she wanted to run, awww. She walks fine but has to stay calm for two weeks. I'm so happy"
boeboe.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Great to see her photo. Surgical site looks really good-nice,neat and compact! Prayers for her full recovery! Thanks for posting the photo!

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Here is her photo she posted. With the quote "Boeboe is doing great:D she got so happy to see us she wanted to run, awww. She walks fine but has to stay calm for two weeks. I'm so happy"
View attachment 63359

Aww, thank you Cheryl:) I've been so busy petting and staring at Boeboe, I can't believe she's back, lol. She's so happy to be home:) She walked around a little in the garden when we got home, then she ate TONS of food, she was SO hungry and now she's sleeping like a champion by my feet:heart:

We got some instructions but they're easy, she must just stay fairly calm for two weeks, no running or jumping but she has to walk as much as possible. She walks well though so it won't be a problem:) in two weeks time we have an appointment for the stitches to come out and for Dr Dave to check so all is still well. She's on Previcox for the pain and some antibiotics for the wound, that's all.

Everything went well with her and Bennie when she got back home, he just sniffed her, it was like he knew he had to be careful. He's such a good little boy:heart:

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Awesome Petra! That is great news.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Petra, so excited to see that BoeBoe is home and things are going well. You must be so excited! Dudley and I are sending healing thoughts and prayers her way!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.