a new vet in the near future...

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
So since I left my old job and started the new one getting to Loki's vet is not easy anymore especially with my hours now. I have been googling and reading reviews about the local vets in in the area and they seem to have great reviews from patients. Any ways with "Lola" (were still not 100% sure on who she will be lol) coming home soon and her needing her shots and to be fixed a local vet is the only way to go. Loki has been getting a lot better with his shyness and I think he will be ok with a new vet but I am unsure of course. He loves the vet and I don't want him to ever not like going since he will have to go fairly regularly forever now. I am trying to put together a what to ask your new vet list to find out if they really know anything about my boy. To top it off he has one damn cyst that will not go away I have been trying everything short of popping it and it will not go away so a vet trip may happen sooner then later poor beans.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think there is a list on here somewhere.... let me go looking and if I find it will post the link
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] ... do we have a vet question list?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think there is a list on here somewhere.... let me go looking and if I find it will post the link
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] ... do we have a vet question list?

I think I have a couple article ideas that I started in the press room, but nothing complete yet. :(

Would be great to put it together, so if members have suggestions we can add to it, please share!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You have probably already done this-Have you asked your fav. vet if he knows of any in the area? Don't know how far away you are going.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Some of the questions I always ask are
- How many bulldogs do they see?
- What common problems have they seen with those bullies?
- What anesthesia do they use?
- What types of surgical procedures have they done with bulldogs before?
- How often do they neuter/spay bullies?

So anything bully related I'd ask, especially areas where you'll use the clinic for. Trust your gut. Their answers should provide you reassurance on their skills and expertise. :yes:

G'luck! I know how difficult it is to find a suitable vet for our sensitive babies.

Last edited:
OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I have asked out vet for recommendations but she didn't have any since we are about 70 miles from her now :( I am going to spend time tomorrow compiling a list :) I poked loki s cyst and let all the ice out it loos so much better and you could see the relief on his face

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I had a Pom, who had a cyst on the back of her neck. I took her to my vet-the first time. He put a needle in, and drew fluid out. He said it was "no big deal" and it may fill up every once in awhile. Well, it filled about every 6 mo. or so, and I just used alcohol, and sterile syringe and withdrew the fluid.
>>>> I am guessing you have done this also-but have you searched for EBD breeders in the area you will be? Can ask for vet recommends.

Most Reactions