Is he hurting?

amelyza

Dec 26, 2013
Hello.. I just got my puppy and he is lately doing this position on his bed and on the couch but I don't know what it means... Is he hurting or just resting his head?
yvamymud.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Aww, he's beautiful! It's hard to say from this picture. How is his behavior otherwise? is he eating, peeing/pooping okay? does he play with toys or with you? is he eating well? How long have you had him? could be he's still adjusting to his new home and maybe still a little shy and reserved, and still checking out his new home.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm not sure, in the photo it looks like pouting but cannot be certain. One thing is for sure, he's a cutie!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea sits like this from time to time. Most of the time when she is kissing my wife and partially sitting on my shoulder. She will also do pretty much the same as what I see in your picture when she is by the arm rest of the couch as well. I don’t think it has anything to do with pain at all and is more of a ok I don't have to squat so far to sit and this feels pretty good type of thing. Now if he isn't playing or eating and drinking it could be something else going on.

Also judging by his size in the pick it could also be he is a bit afraid of the drop off the couch.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Does he just stand there like that or just every once while put his head down?

KT221

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Muffin (nickname: "pig", "my baked good")
Assuming he's not showing any other signs of being sick, I would monitor him. If it seems like he can't lift up his head, then, of course, get it checked out. But my bet is it's a physical quirk. Bulldogs are quirky kids.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

OP
amelyza

amelyza

Dec 26, 2013
Thanks for your answers...he eats, plays, poops, bites (he is teething) and plays some (he is pretty lazy so plays for 10 minutes and then stops)...I guess as you say he just feels comfortable that way... :)
ybe8ubav.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
too adorable.... does look like he is pouting or smelling the leather?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hello.. I just got my puppy and he is lately doing this position on his bed and on the couch but I don't know what it means... Is he hurting or just resting his head?
yvamymud.jpg

Cami gets in this position when her butt or tail is itchy, check his tail pocket to
check if it's clean and/or does he need to be dewormed. Does he move his rear
against the couch or anything else? He's so adorable!

OP
amelyza

amelyza

Dec 26, 2013
He does not move his rear... And he does this in different places...in my car... At the vet, his bed, even just on the floor... Like he is just waiting for me or something... I am not sure what he is trying to say.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It is kinda' odd, but if the vet has felt his belly-pushed around on him all over, and there has been no reaction- and all seems normal in other ways-it may just be his own "silly habit".

OP
amelyza

amelyza

Dec 26, 2013
I will ask my vet again... He thinks I am crazy I bet, I worry too much.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online