Cough question

PatrickD82

Oct 27, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Hello I have a 8 month old bully that has been coughing for the past few days it sounds a little gurgly. He has been acting fine eating and playing normally. I am in the northeast in New York so it is pretty cold and snowy this time of year. I'm not sure if this is something I should be concerned with or not. If it is the start of something I would like to catch it sooner rather than later. Is there anything I can give him if it is or is the vet my best bet? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.
hyby7a6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Def take Duke to the vet if your worried. Give Duke some plain Greek yogurt in the meantime. That's what I would do :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You could try a squirt of lemon juice, to see if it breaks up the mucous. If that doesn't clear him-next step is the vet! Hope all is well, and Merry Christmas!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would take him to the vet if it keeps up. I hope he feels better, he's super handsome. Please keep us posted.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would certainly take him in if the cough lasts more than a couple days. Something stuck in the throat can cause a cough and that would be good to make sure that's not the case. He's a handsome boy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You could try a squirt of lemon juice, to see if it breaks up the mucous. If that doesn't clear him-next step is the vet! Hope all is well, and Merry Christmas!

^^^ this is what I was going to suggest too

OP
P

PatrickD82

Oct 27, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Thanks you! I will definitely try the lemon juice.

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
I don't have anything to add to the cough dilemma, but I am loving the pissed off, why-did-you-wake-me-up photo....too cute and too familiar of a bully look.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Does he besides coughing sound like hes "trying to cough something up?" -if he does it might be an early stage of kennel cough -i think i used benilyn last time my dog got it of a foster dog
any discharge from the nose?- if yes get him to the vet as this is might be the later stage of kennel cough and antibiotics will be neccecery

Its hard to diagnose over the internet ,it might be a kennel cough or it might not be anyway if you are worried take your baby to see a vet ;) xx

Most Reactions