Question regarding neutering

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
So Hulk had a vet visit today and only one testicle has descended. We've known this and been hoping for it to descend. The vet recommends getting him neutered in about a month. We were really hoping to not neuter him because we want to breed him but the vet says they have an increased chance of cancer if only on testicle has descended. Does anyone have any experience with this? And also does anyone know how much of an increased risk of cancer it is? I really don't want him to have surgery but if it's definitely needed we will. The first vet we took him too said we could wait up to a year for the testicle to descend (we didn't care for her) and the get today (we like him so far) says if it hasn't descended by 5 months then it probably won't. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It IS a possibility that his testicle may come down-but it should be down by now. There is a fairly high chance that it could become cancerous-if retained.Also-that is a hereditary condition, and he shouldn't be used for breeding.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have seen some bullies take up to 10 months for the other one to drop. So I would wait awhile to neuter him, as it will be cheaper if both have dropped. If the one has not dropped by the time he is one year of age then I would go ahead and neuter him then, and I would not breed him, as this can be passed down to the other males.

OP
Sarah Elizabeth

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
Thanks for the info! Were going to wait a lil but to see if it descends. He's not old enough to be neutered yet anyways. Right now the vet said he'll probably have to get it from the abdomen since he can't feel it in the groin. I'm hoping for his same it descends. If it doesn't well neuter him were just hoping it doesn't come to that (but it's looking that way).

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.