Itchy skin

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
My little guy has been itching a lot. He gets so mad and starts to whine. I checked for fleas and ticks I see none. I checked for mites but they is hard without a skin test. Someone told me to use coconut oil or something. I was also thinking of doing a dip for mites but is he to little for that. ?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like he could have allergies, check out the article on allergies to see. Is he missing any patches of hair? That's usually the signal for mites/mange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
satch1151

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
No he is not missing any hair and he does not itch all the time. Someone told me that it just could be dry skin and to try something natural like coconut oil or something.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Coconut oil or salmon oil is great for the skin. What food are you feeding?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Coconut oil or salmon oil is great for the skin. What food are you feeding?

LOL [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], I remember 4 years ago posting this same post, and you asking me what food I was feeding on top of the dry skin, Vegas STUNK!!!. [MENTION=10584]satch1151[/MENTION] I too was going to ask what food you are feeding, food makes ALL the difference in the world with these bullys!!!

OP
satch1151

satch1151

Dec 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Grain free Canidae all stages lamb

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Grain free Canidae all stages lamb

Check the indregidents and see if this has salmon oil in it. Every bully is diff but Holly was very itchy with lamb. She loves duck, beef and is okay with pork.
Also, look around the site and try an apple cider vinegar rinse. This really helps Holly and we dip her paws in the mixture before we rinse her as well. Good luck :)

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
My little guy has been itching a lot. He gets so mad and starts to whine. I checked for fleas and ticks I see none. I checked for mites but they is hard without a skin test. Someone told me to use coconut oil or something. I was also thinking of doing a dip for mites but is he to little for that. ?

Remi gets this. The best shampoos to use for us is 1) Duoxo Shampoo and 2) smuttynose kava kava shampoo and the conditioner. It really helps refresh his skin.

Don't forget to clean all bedding/toys after you give him a bath.

And most important, sometimes our bullies have one spot that is really bothering them, but because of their body shape, they can't reach it and it looks like they are going crazy itching everywhere. We discovered, after at least a year, that the wrinkles under his scrotum/butt cheeks were chaffing him. A dab of Desitin does the trick! Look for any abnormally red spots in his wrinkle areas. Good luck!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online