Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moey has been diagnosed with Hip dysplasia at 3.5 years

Country
    India
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moey & Pinky
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Moey has been diagnosed with Hip dysplasia at 3.5 years

Hi Petra - so happy for you to know the surgery went well. I can not begin to imagine keeping Moey from running around. Even when she is completely limping (like her back left leg not even touching the ground) she will still get excited and sprint around - try and hop up the stairs etc. It is also worse with Pinky as they are always fooling around together.

Although I mentioned Moey has improved slightly it really isn't good enough and I am still at a loss. My vet has actually suggested stem cell injections which build up the cartilage and assist greatly in the pain management. Although after reading what you have just said the cartilage build up can be a problem? so confused...I think more researching for me

You mentioned that your other bully - Joey had the surgery previous to Boeboe and you were really happy with the results? May i ask then why you were hesitant to have this recent surgery with Boeboe? I also feel rather strongly against surgery if I can avoid although I am not sure if my thinking is correct considering the pain that Moey is experiencing.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MoandPinky View Post
    Hi Petra - so happy for you to know the surgery went well. I can not begin to imagine keeping Moey from running around. Even when she is completely limping (like her back left leg not even touching the ground) she will still get excited and sprint around - try and hop up the stairs etc. It is also worse with Pinky as they are always fooling around together.

Although I mentioned Moey has improved slightly it really isn't good enough and I am still at a loss. My vet has actually suggested stem cell injections which build up the cartilage and assist greatly in the pain management. Although after reading what you have just said the cartilage build up can be a problem? so confused...I think more researching for me

You mentioned that your other bully - Joey had the surgery previous to Boeboe and you were really happy with the results? May i ask then why you were hesitant to have this recent surgery with Boeboe? I also feel rather strongly against surgery if I can avoid although I am not sure if my thinking is correct considering the pain that Moey is experiencing.

Thanks for the update! My 6 year old girl, Cami has been limping on her rear leg. Her
    vet thinks a torn ACL, we're trying rest, supplements, and a pain med/anti inflammatory
    called Previcox for 10 days. An experienced bully owner advised me to order & use an
    equine formula supplement called Regenex, 8 drops daily.

My vet advised their food too but I declined (crap) and keeping her on TOTW. Please
    let us know how Moey is doing, I'll do the same. Keeping y'all in my prayers~GOD bless (t)

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MoandPinky View Post

It's been four hectic weeks of keeping Boeboe from running, she did take a few chances but I saw she's not touching the ground with the leg when she does so I think it's fine She doing better and better by the day, still limping but she uses the leg more.

Cartilage has to build up around Boeboe's hip as well and it is supposed to to protect it, so no worries about that it's just that if unlucky it can build up sharp and become a problem, that's why we need to do another x-ray a year from now.

I hesitated mostly cos I was scared, scared something would happen during surgery, scared she wouldn't be as active as before, scared she and our other dogs would start fights after the operation cos she's hurting, just scared in general Boeboe has always been very active and runs like the wind, she and her male bulldog friend Bennie played every night and I was stressing she wouldn't be able to do that again. Joey has always been more calm and relaxed, doesn't like to run and plays mostly laying on her bed rolling around with her toys I can see that I was worried for nothing though... Boeboe is running already but she and Bennie doesn't play yet. I hope that will come in time
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

I'm so so sorry for what you guys are going through. when franklin was younger I thought he was going to have it to his hips popped every time he walked I mean every step it was bad then I started him on Cosequin DS plus MSM it has glucosamine 600mg chondroitin 300mg msm 250mg manganese 5mg he is doing so great now his hips do not pop at all its amazing he was starting not to jump up on the couch he would look at me to pick him up so I give it to him every day and he is crazy now jumps so high he runs like crazy he really didn't before and I believe is from the Cosequin and a great diet I finally found the right food Fromm pork & peas its grain free. I really hope Moey feels better soon my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads