Allergies, puberty, lack of sun ... oh my!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki is a wrinkly cute mess right now. Poor guys chin is brown out, he is shedding like a damn crazy man and his allergies are kicking his butt he has been battling cysts between his toes for about 3 weeks now one at a time each time a different foot or toe. Not sure what the hell is happening we haven't changed anything, the sun hasn't been out much and it has been stupid cold so he has been inside 23 1/2 hours a day. I try and wipe his feet each time he comes in but it is had to get them dry when I am worried about a damn cyst popping up literally . Sorry for venting it is so frustrating I feel like the poor cutie can't catch a break. Food change is possible but so risky with his allergies I have to be really careful. Chicken pill pockets look at him wrong and he gets hives lol I have been giving him a rinse bath once a week at least and trying to keep neosporian on the cysts along with Epson soaks and witch hazel in between.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OK -- you know the drill --- what are you feeding right now? And, I can't rememebr - did you do the allergy testing?

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
I was reading about local raw honey and giving it to your dogs they say it's so good for allergies and cysts they even stopped giving all allergy med and only give honey and no more allergies this one lady put the raw honey on the cysts and it went away this other dog licked his feet so bad he didn't have hair on his legs she started to give him local honey a teaspoon a day and he has not licked his feet anymore all the hair grew back I'm starting to give Franklin honey for his allergies so I'll let you know how it goes good luck

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww. Poor guy, I hope he feels better soon, and you can figure out what's causing the allergy symptoms.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Lucy used to get cyst between her toes and we changed her food and she has gotten them since. You might try FROMM Game Bird, or Pork and Peas to see if that helps.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
oh poor Loki. He's too stinkin cute to not feel good.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have heard about the honey for allergies, also. It HAS to be LOCAL honey. That is the "catch". Hope your boy will feel better soon. Perhaps the honey is worth a try...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's good to see you!! Poor guy, maybe you might do the allergy test thing to find out what to avoid and then do the food change, like David said I bet it would make all the difference in the world.

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
This is no fun! I went through something like this not too long ago with Gunny.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Ugg sorry to hear about the allergies. Hope you can find a remedy that works for you soon. Raven has been a bit itchy the last few days. I am going to give her a nice bath on Friday and hopefully that helps her.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Awe poor Loki Bean and :hug: for you. Sheldon has been really itchy lately I'm afraid he might be having a reaction to potatoes, if so there might be another food change in the future for us unfortunately because he loves this food.

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I think we are gonna have to sunk it up and see what is going on. I know this time last year it got really bad but cleared up once we were able to play outside more. He is currently on nutrisource lamb grain free. No treats or human food and pork and peas pill pockets for his phenobarbital a total of half the capsule sized pocket a day. We are going to try the honey thing I think. How much should I give him?

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.